Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Need help with customization of Program Change preset

Get help from other SoftStep users.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Need help with customization of Program Change preset

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:06 am

Dead Mah-Zie wrote: Can I change the decade step of incrementing/decrementing for NavPads, from 10 to 4 steps?
Why pedal modlines are used only in 1st SS Pads?
No You cannot do that. The nav pad can only be used to move through decades in this scenario.
The source is NavY X 10 - so the value of the nav pad is multiplied by 10, and then the key number (0-9) is added to that.
That source was specifically made to give access to all 127 program change messages from one preset, it has little use otherwise.
The pedal modline is simply for an expression pedal input.
All the modlines with the Expander as the otuput port can be removed in your case as they aren't doing anything (unless you are using an expander).
dirk

Postby dirk » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:23 am

Why not just create or copy what you have into however many banks you need, then use left right nav to go to each of your 4 preset banks setup? So not up and down nav, left and right nav.

You can remove the modlines that you're not using, for instance if you are using SSCOM, then you don't also need
the SS expander. If you aren't using the SS expander hardware you can remove that.

Also I've found you only need the pedal in the first (1) preset, it seems to carry forward to the others.
If you're not using the pedal you can remove that too.

Yeah the nav +10 thing is a bit confusing. My best suggestion is keep poking around and get comfortable with
the GUI and all the variations possible. You are trying to integrate 2 devices, the SS and Bias. I don't use
Bias so I have no clue into that world. You can either conform Bias to the SS, or conform the SS to Bias.
If you really want to go crazy you can do both, but it's best to go one way or the other.
It seems to me that only having 4 presets per bank is really limiting, well for my purposes I use all 10 in every bank.
Theoretically you should be able to map 5-8 to the next bank in Bias 5-8. You will need to change the modlines manually, there
are no presets for this.

I think you need to rethink what you're trying to do, I've found working with SS that you need to learn the quirks and go from there. I know in your mind you have a way you want things to work, my best suggestion is to yield to what you can pull off with the tools you have.

Last thing if you really want to get custom about things, using an app like Bomes midi translator you can pretty much do anything with midi. However there's a pretty steep learning curve to using Bomes. I wouldn't suggest this route though, it can get very confusing fast.

Hope this helps.
Dirk
Dead Mah-Zie

Postby Dead Mah-Zie » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:30 am

dirk wrote:I think you need to rethink what you're trying to do
Already did it. :-) Thank you for taking part. Just used Foot On source and usual CC messages for choosing presets and changing banks.
Dead Mah-Zie

Postby Dead Mah-Zie » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:17 am

Thank you for responding! :-) It was very helpful.

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”