Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

STRINGPORT W/ EXT SAMPLING DEVICES

Get help from other StringPort users.
MJA515

STRINGPORT W/ EXT SAMPLING DEVICES

Postby MJA515 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:33 am

Hey everybody,

I have been searching for a proper midi guitar system to use in my projects and only have discovered the systems such as the Axon 50, and the Roland midi guitar system. My singer from one of these projects introduced me to the Softstep and with further research, glad to know that KMI builds a guitar to midi converter.

What I want to do with the stringport is control external synthesizers and a sampler. The idea of using it with a sampler has never been shown in videos or discussed, which can give me two conclusions of the idea.. A) it has never been done or B) it just doesn't work.

I understand that each string can be given its own midi channel but, are the notes played from the guitar converted to midi notes? If this is possible then samples can be triggered while synths are being played. Is this something that Stringport could do?

Please share your thoughts and ideas. :D

Looking forward to the responses.

Thanks

Mike Amacio
Kat Vinter
Isis Salam
TheSupport@KMI

Re: STRINGPORT W/ EXT SAMPLING DEVICES

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:32 am

Yes, there is MIDI Out functionality with the Stringport (guitar notes to MIDI notes). You'll need to have a computer involved though — the software does the conversions.
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073

Return to “StringPort Users' Help Exchange”