Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Some questions about Stringport.....

Get help from other StringPort users.
neshel

Some questions about Stringport.....

Postby neshel » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:30 am

Hi. I recently found out about this. The response and all is amazing. That's half the battle. What I need further is a tone generation-like software that will take all the nuances (picking technique, palm-muting, etc), and transform it accordingly, or at least analogously. Is there something like this?
emmett@KMI

Re: Some questions about Stringport.....

Postby emmett@KMI » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:54 am

The first thing that comes to mind is Ableton Live's Tension. It's a pretty powerful string instrument style physical modeling synthesizer.
neshel

Postby neshel » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:37 am

Thanks. Now to get a Stringport. Anyone selling or wanting to sell one?
acousticartist

Postby acousticartist » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:40 am

Neshel... I would probably willing to sell mine. I keep checking back on the KMI forum every once in a blue moon just to see if KMI will ever keep their promise to support this product. I spent almost $900 for the whole string port package, and was totally blown away by the fact the company just dropped it like a hot potato. So promising... maybe worth it to keep an old mac around for occasional use, but it takes a pretty fast computer so the choices are limited. I am traveling now and won't be back where I have the unit until December sometime. If you are still looking by then, maybe we work something out.
Don
neshel

Postby neshel » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:00 pm

re....
neshel

Postby neshel » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:40 pm

acousticartist wrote:Neshel... I would probably willing to sell mine. I keep checking back on the KMI forum every once in a blue moon just to see if KMI will ever keep their promise to support this product. I spent almost $900 for the whole string port package, and was totally blown away by the fact the company just dropped it like a hot potato. So promising... maybe worth it to keep an old mac around for occasional use, but it takes a pretty fast computer so the choices are limited. I am traveling now and won't be back where I have the unit until December sometime. If you are still looking by then, maybe we work something out.
Don
What kind of support do you think it needs, and would you like to see?
neshel

Postby neshel » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:28 pm

So here's a specific question:

As inferred above, I'm hoping to find software that will translate the string signal directly, rather than use it to trigger sounds. So, rather than compressor, gate, etc, that can squash the dynamics of the string signal, I want to be able to set the envelope and release, so as to remove the sound of the string being plucked, or even touched. Is this available in the analysis section of the mainframe? Or would that be the province of a VST?
neshel

Postby neshel » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:46 pm

So is anyone wanting to sell their Stringport?

Return to “StringPort Users' Help Exchange”