Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Best Midi Pickup/Synth Access Device with Stringport?

Get help from other StringPort users.
DC23

Best Midi Pickup/Synth Access Device with Stringport?

Postby DC23 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:42 pm

Hello everyone,

I am very new here so I apologize if I am asking a very rudimentary question. I was wondering if Stringport users/ KMI could recommend which type of Midi Pickup/synth access device works best with the string port, i.e. is the most accurate and tracks quickest???

The choices are:

GK-3
Shadow midi pickup system
Graphtech Ghost (Godin guitars)
RMC bridge (Godin guitars)

I do not have any of these, and have never had any of these, but since I'm taking the plunge into midi guitar stuff, I might as well get what is most highly regarded by KMI and current users.

Also, KMI, any news on a new Stringport release, or is the Stringport MIDI out still available? I heard that you can only buy the full-suite for $995 now, so if I have to do that, I would rather wait if there is a new Stringport on the horizon (maybe when Lion is fully supported ;) ).
Macciza

Re: Best Midi Pickup/Synth Access Device with Stringport?

Postby Macciza » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:11 pm

Depending on what else you want to do - any of them will work . .
GK3 is a magnetic pickup - it will sound slightly different to the piezos on guitar out stuff. . .
Builtin - the piezos possibly give a better acoustic sound then magnetics . . .
I have both GK3 and RMC piezo setups on my guitars
HTH
MM
KMI StringPort_1650, SoftStep_VK2 v1.2 & MIDI Expander; Mac_Moore Guitar,
Roland VG 8, 88 & 99, YamahaVL 70m; OSX 10.6.8, iMac i7 2.8G QC; MaxMSP 5.1.8, Ableton Live 8.2.2, M4L, SC3, QC, cSound, etc, etc,

Return to “StringPort Users' Help Exchange”