Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Nav Keys Programmable

Share your wishes for the future of SoftStep.
Lid55

Re: Nav Keys Programmable

Postby Lid55 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:08 am

@TheSupport@KMI - you can use a single preset in the setlist in standalone mode as well... but I was mainly trying to get at any CC messages from the NavPad... to add that to my customizable options. Unfortunately, as of yet, it seems that's not possible in standalone. Right now, I only run in standalone... a portable rig that includes my guitar, an iPad with audio interface, KMI MIDI expander, and the SoftStep.

I guess a SoftStep editor/app for iOS would be an even better option. Something tells me I shouldn't hold my breath for it though.
gamuso

Postby gamuso » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:16 am

standalone mode... allow navpad keys to be programmable.
bitte!!!

they way the navpads behave in standalone, is really absurd: if you program them to be used as "modline", you need to launch the advanced editor everytime you connect the softstep in order to make it "wake up". otherwise, the softstep doesn't seem to remember this last setting.

also if you choose in the "table" setting "toggle", it will only act one time as a toggle!! from 127 one time, then to 0. after that... it doesn't work again...

what is this?

i never understood this navpad silly limitations. we have 4 more pads available over there!

why don't take advantage of them???

:\
unguitar

Postby unguitar » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:25 pm

is the limit caused by a hardware character ?
this is the only reason I can justify this.
DaveDraper

Postby DaveDraper » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:26 am

......is the limit caused by a hardware character ?
Nope. It's an editor limitation.

Dave
emmett@KMI

Postby emmett@KMI » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:36 pm

It would need to be a change in the firmware as well. The Nav pad left and right is always used for changing presets so the MIDI out on those is currently limited.
unguitar

Postby unguitar » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:48 am

emmett@KMI wrote:It would need to be a change in the firmware as well. The Nav pad left and right is always used for changing presets so the MIDI out on those is currently limited.
I think that having the Nav Pad up/down freely programmable would just be fine.
NoFi

Postby NoFi » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:19 pm

It would need to be a change in the firmware as well. The Nav pad left and right is always used for changing presets so the MIDI out on those is currently limited.
Yes but there's a switch in the settings pannel to turn of the east/west preset changing, so why the ability to turn this of if there is no alternative ? :lol:

So basicaly here we are 18 months later with the same song on this small request that would make the softstep so much more versatile ... or simply usable for those of us who really need to send CCs with all directions of the navpad in standalone ! ;)

Any news on a software update ?
Thanks.
Last edited by NoFi on Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “SoftStep Feature Wishlist”