Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

"Performance view" software mode

Share your wishes for the future of SoftStep.
JT3_jon

"Performance view" software mode

Postby JT3_jon » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:41 pm

Hello,

Just got my softstep and already have a feature wish. I would love to see some sort of "performance mode" view in the softstep software where you can easily see the layout of the softstep in a sizable window, letting you know exactly what each key is assigned to. While the current softstep layout is great for programming, it has way too much going on to be able to figure out at a glance while performing, plus the actual function names are in extreamly small type, as well as the corresponding pad number. Of course this view would have to update itself with each scene change so you can see quickly whats assigned for each scene. Also, it would be great to allow it to be the top window at all times, so when your sequencing in your DAW you can still see it.

I would imagine the software would kind of work backwards to the one you already supply, where the softstep is sending data TO this program, which is then simply displayed. It would be cool if you could edit from this view, but IMO its not necessary as this is mainly for performance. In fact, something like your layout guide would work GREAT in software form! (see attached picture below), just it needs to also show the amount of data being sent as well. e.g. if you have a pedal set to pressure and its controlling CC#001, it would be nice to see how much CC#001 is being sent out in real time, like your current software does, in this "performance view."

Any chance of something like this happening? It would be EXTREMELY helpful! Thanks!
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-04-23 at 3.28.23 PM.png
(43.31 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Headrc

Re: "Performance view" software mode

Postby Headrc » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:02 pm

I second that emotion! This is a much needed feature IMO.
pmgo

Postby pmgo » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:19 am

+ 1
JT3_jon

Postby JT3_jon » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:02 pm

Well, getting back into softstep and I was again reminded about how HELPFUL a feature like this would be!!
dirk

Postby dirk » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:11 am

Have you tried Midi-Ox?
It's an old software package that monitors all midi traffic and you can set it up to monitor or filter specific interfaces.
I use it all the time to verify what I'm changing is doing what I expect it to do.

Sad to say I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for KMI, notice the year the last update happened to the SoftStep/editor.
Dirk
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:42 am

Yeah, we have no plans to code up a preset/data visualizer for the SS currently.

Return to “SoftStep Feature Wishlist”