Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

32 Presets per Setlist

Share your wishes for the future of SoftStep.
rad3d

32 Presets per Setlist

Postby rad3d » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:57 pm

Just got my Softstep 2 - which is great, so far. But I was hoping that double the memory translated to additional Setlist presets, but apparently not.

Any chances that more than 16 will be supported? I find myself doubling and tripling up on songs per preset, sometimes have to use the upper buttons to trigger things I'd prefer to trigger with a lower one.

32 would be optimal. 16 is ok, but bit hard to manage.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: 32 Presets per Setlist

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:42 pm

Probably not going to happen. Of course having unlimited memory would be nice, but we think the resources were better used to make a more responsive and agile controller.
rad3d

Postby rad3d » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:59 pm

What if a user was able to select between the current setup or a secondary profile that limited them to no more than 3 modlines per preset and doubled their setlist presets? Wouldn't something along that lines have a similar memory footprint?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:34 pm

Perhaps, but it's not as easy as just having a 'secondary profile'. There would be firmware and software programming to consider, and being a small company, we don't have the resources to recode for small, unique requests like this.

I will add this as a feature request for future updates.
rad3d

Postby rad3d » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:18 am

Don't worry - I'm a developer and understand. Just floating the concept in case it happened to be low-hanging fruit development-wise.

But also surprised additional presets would be considered a unique case. I've had my Softstep presets full up from day one when I bought my first one 2 years ago. I'm a guitarist and use primarily for loop/sample playback and could always use more space for shows that can include up to 32 songs per night.

Appreciate if you'll keep it in mind. I'm assuming it's only something worth doing if you have more requests for the feature. More than happy with the SS2 enhancements and updated software right now.

Thanks

Return to “SoftStep Feature Wishlist”