Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

"Short Trig" source triggered only by a short time pressure

Share your wishes for the future of SoftStep.
NoFi

"Short Trig" source triggered only by a short time pressure

Postby NoFi » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:55 am

Hello

i've been trying to set up my softstep 2 so that i can control two things on each pad depending on how long i press the pad. it's like having 20 pads instead of ten.

Example
Short press on pad n°1 it sends out midi CC 1
Long press (one sec) on pad n°1 it sends out midi CC11

But it is not working because the "fast trig" source also reacts when i keep pressure on the pad for 1 second.

So my request is to have a "Short Trig" source that is triggered only by a short time pressure and works in complement to the "Long trig" that is only triggered with a pressure of more than one second.
Thanks.
Lid55

Re: "Short Trig" source triggered only by a short time press

Postby Lid55 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:35 am

hi NoFi, so far, AFAIK, it depends whether you are running the SoftStep in Hosted or Standalone mode. In the manual it says that "Fast Trig" is supported in hosted mode only. I'm running it in Standalone, so this doesn't help me much.
One other option is to use "Dbl Trig" (double tap) AND "Long Trig" on each key.... this will give you separation of the commands. I'm still working with this myself, I haven't found the DoubleTrig as useful in practice, as far as using it for a looper, since the timing of looper pedals needs to be SUPER accurate. Anyway, I'll post again if I find out anything related and useful.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:07 am

Are you both running this with a computer? If so, you could use Bome's midi translator for this. Or whip something up in pure data or max that would accomplish this.
Lid55

Postby Lid55 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:11 am

@TheOtherSupport@KMI - no, I'm using my SoftStep to control an iPad, so I need to run it in standalone, which definitely limits the feature set. That is... until KMI introduces an iPad app!
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:24 am

Well that's probably a ways off, so you'll have to figure something else out in the meantime. I cook my own looping software, so this type of stuff never really gets in my way, but I can see it being frustrating. I'll put this in as a feature request.
NoFi

Postby NoFi » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:07 am

Hello, thanks for your replies.
I'm using the SS in hosted mode with a computer.
I'm currently using the "Dbl Trig" and "Long Trig" on each key solution but it would be so much better with just one press of the pad !
Thanks for adding this to the feature request. :)
Lid55

Postby Lid55 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:17 am

@NoFi so if you're running it on the computer, you'll be able to find a solution

@TheOtherSupport@KMI just wondering, what programming software do you use for your looping?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:11 pm

I use Max (specifically M4L) to create devices I can use in my live Set. The project I am currently working on is a four channel looper that slices the audio into 16 segments that can be independently triggered from Push, with complete LED feedback. Vari - speed, pitch shifting, pattern recording and glitching at the sample level give me all types of audio goodness.

Of course, you can trigger the recording with your feet via the SS for us instrumentalists.
NoFi

Postby NoFi » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:47 am

Well i'm still realy interested if this can be implemented directly in the softstep software in a future update, would make things a lot esier ! :)
NoFi

Re: "Short Trig" source triggered only by a short time pressure

Postby NoFi » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:59 am

Bump, i so miss this feature...
Short press / Long Press, twenty pads on each scene !
:D

Return to “SoftStep Feature Wishlist”