Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Data Source Trigger for Each Sensor

Share your wishes for the future of SoftStep.
fishuyo

Data Source Trigger for Each Sensor

Postby fishuyo » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:14 pm

It would be awesome if in addition to the top, bottom triggers in the editor there were left, right triggers as well. I could implement this in my software using the live x, live y sources, but it would be nice to have them in the editor to use the led functionality.

Also, I guess this only makes sense for the original softstep, but since the pressure sensors are in the corners of the buttons it would be awesome to have each pressure sensor as a data source. So perhaps also a TL, TR, BL, BR trigger data source.

I tend to target my stomp to a particular corner, because that is how I get the most reliable response from the device, but currently if left and right triggers were added, I'd still be triggering both the top and right triggers by stepping on the top right sensor, where it would be cleaner to have a single trigger for this.

What do you think?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Data Source Trigger for Each Sensor

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:05 am

You can access each sensor independently by putting the Softstep into what we call 'Tethered' Mode. This allows you to access the raw data from the sensors. This can be accomplished by sending a sysex command to the Softstep

You need to send Standalone off to the sofstep first: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wpi1xieqyiom ... f.syx?dl=0

Then you can send Tethered On:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3qcn5b1cg10i ... n.syx?dl=0

This should allow you to monitor all the sensors on the Softstep through SSCOM 1

What are you using to develop your software? You can send CC's to the Softstep to externally control the LED's as well, so you aren't limited to the LED functionality in the editor (this is detailed in the manual).
fishuyo

Re: Data Source Trigger for Each Sensor

Postby fishuyo » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:18 am

Thanks for the reply, definitely good to know. I'll take a look at this..

Generally I am using the advanced editor in hosted mode to send OSC messages to my applications which are a few different OSC enabled custom applications written in various languages (max, c++, scala).

Connecting directly to SSCOM1 in "Tethered" mode, I would lose the existing functionality of the editor in hosted mode correct?
And I don't necessarily want to reimplement a lot of that.. (i.e., OSC transport and stuff)

Return to “SoftStep Feature Wishlist”