Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Bug Fix: popup info boxes & dropdown menus

Share your wishes for the future of SoftStep.
chumbo

Bug Fix: popup info boxes & dropdown menus

Postby chumbo » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:09 am

Hi,
The info popup windows that show up when scrolling the mouse over certain areas of the SS Advanced Editor (might be the same problem in the Basic Editor?), are really useful but unfortunately, text is often cutoff, usually at the bottom of the popup window.
This however only happens on my laptop, probably has to do with how the Editor copes with resizing its popup window on different screen resolutions so please don't blame my laptop as the source of the problem.

The other different but similar problem is in the 'Settings' menu under 'I/O': when opening the dropdown menus for both 'Device' and 'Message Type', you only see the setting currently selected, everything else is black and invisible...unless you accidently scroll down with your mouse and you see the hidden options appear! i.e. all other device options and Midi message types!
This problem happens on both my laptop and my desktop so it's definitely a Editor problem.
emmett@KMI

Re: Bug Fix: popup info boxes & dropdown menus

Postby emmett@KMI » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:26 am

Hello!

The first issue sounds like missing font. In your editor application are three fonts, Futura Bold, Futura Normal, and DroidSansMono. If they got corrupted or are missing then they might not show up in your editor. You could try manually installing them on to your computer. It's not happening on our Mac or PC machines here so it's hard for me to tell you how to fix it.

The I/O screen drop down menu being blank has been verified as a bug and has been reported to the software team. Thanks for the bug report and sorry for the inconvenience!

Return to “SoftStep Feature Wishlist”