Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Full range velocity response

Share your wishes for the future of SoftStep.
mshor

Full range velocity response

Postby mshor » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:15 am

Recently I purchased a first generation SoftStep, which is great piece of hardware, that does almost everything I want in a floorboard. Because it was pressure sensitive, and played notes, and could transmit velocities with notes, I jumped to the conclusion that it could be used to play notes with a full range, linear velocity response, like a drum pad controller. I was quite disappointed to find out that a fixed velocity had to be programed per modline, rather than the controller being able to translate initial pressure into velocity.

I would very much appreciate if this feature is implemented in the next version of the software / firmware. It would open up a lot more possibilities in using it as a performance tool.
emmett@KMI

Re: Full range velocity response

Postby emmett@KMI » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:12 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll log your request.

For now, we consider the 12 Step as being the ideal foot controller for sending note and velocity data, while the SoftStep is ideal for sending out program changes and unique CC# data per key.

Return to “SoftStep Feature Wishlist”