Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

MIDI Expander: Bluetooth LE edition

Share your wishes for the future of SoftStep.
adamqlw

MIDI Expander: Bluetooth LE edition

Postby adamqlw » Wed May 06, 2015 6:30 pm

I think a brilliant accessory would be a MIDI expander with a built in powerbank and bluetooth functionality.

Basically it's the same as the current MIDI expander, but with a built in rechargeable battery (via USB), and MIDI over bluetooth (recently implemented in iOS and OSX). This would turn the SoftStep into a wireless MIDI pedalboard (like the iRig BlueBoard), which would probably be a very welcome feature for iPad users (and for myself as an OS X user).
emmett@KMI

Re: MIDI Expander: Bluetooth LE edition

Postby emmett@KMI » Tue May 12, 2015 2:15 pm

We have a product that does something similar already called Rogue. Check it out:
http://www.keithmcmillen.com/products/a ... ies/#rogue
Although we do not officially support it, The rogue should work with the SoftStep.
adamqlw

Re: MIDI Expander: Bluetooth LE edition

Postby adamqlw » Tue May 15, 2018 12:07 am

In a similar vein, I bought a Yamaha UD BT01 to try and accomplish this. Unfortuantely, it seems to only see the first MIDI port, and so it seems to be sensing to SSCOM port use for communication with editor/to the softstep, and so is not recieving the MIDI output. If there was some way to get these to work together, that would be awesome...

Return to “SoftStep Feature Wishlist”