Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

More tutorials?

Share your wishes for the future of SoftStep.
rickd

More tutorials?

Postby rickd » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:17 pm

I've studied the featured tutorials and they are helpful. But I still lack a whole lot of understanding when it comes to this device. I would like to see some more tutorials breaking down the advanced features of the modulation parameters. This is still a grey area for me, I'm eagerly awaiting more tutorials.
JT3_jon

Re: More tutorials?

Postby JT3_jon » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:27 pm

Please?
Nick M

Postby Nick M » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:43 am

Me too. There is a definite need for this.
TheSupport@KMI

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:16 am

Hey guys,

I've been thinking of doing a series of tutorials at some point in the near future (though it is pretty busy around here). Probably a bunch of short videos showing how to do a single thing from the ground up, like "how to launch a clip in Ableton with your SoftStep", "how to change patches in Guitar Rig", "toggling effects in Mainstage", "investigating EL hum", etc. Making videos on the various modulation parameters would be a good thing to have as well.

Think something like that would be good?
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
mehrdadp

Postby mehrdadp » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:02 pm

TheSupport@KMI wrote:Hey guys,

I've been thinking of doing a series of tutorials at some point in the near future (though it is pretty busy around here). Probably a bunch of short videos showing how to do a single thing from the ground up, like "how to launch a clip in Ableton with your SoftStep", "how to change patches in Guitar Rig", "toggling effects in Mainstage", "investigating EL hum", etc. Making videos on the various modulation parameters would be a good thing to have as well.

Yes that would be great. small clips for one thing only is wonderful idea!
MacBook pro, OS 10.10.5, Apple Duet, Ableton Live 9, SoftStep 1 in hosted mode, Amplitube 4.
softy

Postby softy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:22 pm

Please do!

I'm especially curious to see the variations on source input demonstrated in Main Stage.
dieting

Postby dieting » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:45 pm

how to do a single thing from the ground up, like "how to launch a clip in Ableton with your SoftStep", "how to change patches in Guitar Rig", "toggling effects in Mainstage", "investigating EL hum", etc.??
Dead Mah-Zie

Postby Dead Mah-Zie » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:31 am

I strongly need a tutorial for Loopy HD iPad app.
Which message types I should use?
Which data sources I should use? For selecting tracks, for starting record, for overdubing.
How am I to set up LED behavior on each SS pad?

So tutorial for "Advanced Editor" is strooongly needed!
skotterz

Postby skotterz » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:37 am

how about just a tutorial on how to set it up from scratch so the SoftStep is usable in less than a week? i mean a detailed, step-by-step explanation about how to think about this device so that anyone without an engineering degree can set it up to use in performance? it absolutely boggles my mind that everywhere i look for tutorials the comments sections are filled with complaints that KMI's offerings in this area are ludicrously slight. i've spent hours into days just trying to work out or find any effective help to use this super-unintuitive device, and i would bet that i'm in the vast majority of users in that regard.

what's the problem? are you guys too busy to provide this service to your customers who've shelled out several hundred dollars? is there a big time-crunch for those tasked to provide the support documentation? Do they get paid MORE to write less words? some kind of arrogant or elitist game where every tutorial must leave out some essential steps to see who's cool enough to fill in the missing blanks? seriously, wtf?

google "how to set up SoftStep 2" and see what you find. take just a few minutes to talk to a non-engineer musician to see how they conceptualize using your expensive product. and please find a capable, non-aspergers human to handle this.

obviously i'm frustrated and pissed. i know that your device can do what i need for a project i'm working on, but i'm on a deadline and i've spent more time on this than anything else i've ever owned and that just seems absolutely unnecessary. please have more respect for your customers.
skotterz

Postby skotterz » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:09 pm

jeez, i guess my rant last week about the dearth of helpful information for the SS2 disappeared into the aether. what's up with that?

in my search for adequate tutorials i see tons of complaints that folks can't seem to get what they want out of your product. not all musicians are engineers, ok? please, how about a THOROUGH tutorial about how to get the SS2 set up in the first place?

Return to “SoftStep Feature Wishlist”