Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

iPad/iOS editing software

Share your wishes for the future of SoftStep.
Venn

iPad/iOS editing software

Postby Venn » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi there!

I would love to see editing of parameters made possible through an iOS application.
I'm basically using the softstep in standalone and would love to be able to do edits on the fly without the need of a computer.

Anyway, great product & can't wait for the next beta with 16 scenes :-p

Venn
vanceg

Re: iPad/iOS editing software

Postby vanceg » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:15 am

I'm curious as to how you are imagining that this would function: If you are using the SoftStep in Stand Alone mode, with no computer, I suppose you would need to connect the iPAD to the softstep via MIDI. If you are connecting the two via MIDI, are you not going to be using both the MIDI in and MIDI out of the Softstep's MIDI expander to do so? Wouldn't this, then, mean that you wouldn't have the Softstep connected to anything else at the time?
I suppose that you would have the advantage of not having to boot your computer to change settings...but you'd still need to disconnect from other devices to make your edits on the ipad, and then reconnect to those devices.

Just curious what you are envisioning....
mocker

Postby mocker » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:41 am

The Softstep already connects to iPad using the USB cable and the camera kit. So it's exactly the same as with a computer... If you have an iPad, try it, not only the SS's powered by it, but it can control your synths and midi (iPad) apps.
vanceg

Postby vanceg » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:06 am

[quote="mocker"]The Softstep already connects to iPad using the USB cable and the camera kit. So it's exactly the same as with a computer... If you have an iPad, try it, not only the SS's powered by it, but it can control your synths and midi (iPad) apps.[/quote]

Yup. I'm quite familiar with that. But the question remains: What would you edit on the SoftStep using your ipad? I suppose the entire softstep sofware could be rewritten for ipad. I was just curious what the poster wanted to DO with this ipad application.
Tcs

Postby Tcs » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:35 pm

I concur
It would be awesome if the was an editor app!
If only there was hardware for the iPad that supported charging and USB out simultaneously.
Anyway
Bring on the app!
Lid55

Postby Lid55 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:07 am

Here's another vote for the iOS app. In my case, this would make all the functions of HostedMode available to me portably (without needing to be hooked into a desktop computer). My only options right now are either to buy a laptop (which I don't have money for yet), or go StandaloneMode (which I am doing, but finding some limitations with).
Dead Mah-Zie

Postby Dead Mah-Zie » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:20 am

It would be very useful! Editing modelines and checking usability and proper functionality without sticking cabel in iPad and computer and back again while adjusting parameters.

Return to “SoftStep Feature Wishlist”