Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Next StringPort release?

Share your wishes for the future of StringPort
cliffman

Next StringPort release?

Postby cliffman » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:42 pm

When?

cliffman
SarahKMI
KMI Moderator

Re: Next StringPort release?

Postby SarahKMI » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:03 pm

We have been working to optimize a few things in StringPort so we do want to finish that up and put out a new release. We aren't sure yet of how much time it will take for us to finish up and test but we are hoping to have a new release soon! I'm sorry I can't be more specific yet but don't worry we won't leave all you StringPort users high and dry.

-Sarah Howe
Macciza

Postby Macciza » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:15 pm

Can you give us an idea of new/improved features?

I need better midi pass-thru . A straight midi-merge option would be good, with filtering maybe.
And expansion of SP [MIDI Input] parameters to include those sent by SoftStep, so I can pass AT messages . . .

Will OSC implementation be looked at - it needs to separate itself from MIDI's limitations and offer more . . .

Will start a few discussions soon . . .

Cheers
KMI StringPort_1650, SoftStep_VK2 v1.2 & MIDI Expander; Mac_Moore Guitar,
Roland VG 8, 88 & 99, YamahaVL 70m; OSX 10.6.8, iMac i7 2.8G QC; MaxMSP 5.1.8, Ableton Live 8.2.2, M4L, SC3, QC, cSound, etc, etc,
acousticartist

Postby acousticartist » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:30 am

Still no updates? It has been more than 6 months... feels kind of high and dry here!
SarahKMI wrote:
> We have been working to optimize a few things in StringPort so we do want
> to finish that up and put out a new release. We aren't sure yet of how
> much time it will take for us to finish up and test but we are hoping to
> have a new release soon! I'm sorry I can't be more specific yet but don't
> worry we won't leave all you StringPort users high and dry.
>
> -Sarah Howe
acousticartist

Postby acousticartist » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:28 pm

It seems that SoftStep, while a nice product, has completely displaced StringPort in the mindshare of KMI. Not even a response to inquries about an update. Is the developement of this promising device an endangered species? There are some rough edges which really need some cleaning up. For those of us who bought into the promise of a new paradigm in MIDI guitar and supported KMI with our hard earned cash, this is more than a disappointment. Please let us know what the future holds. Lion compatibility? A more unified interface? More stability? For my wishlist, I simply want to know if my investment in StringPort products is going to pay off in long term utility, or are we StrinPort users going to be left to twist in the wind. Fair question?
Six String Symphony

Postby Six String Symphony » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:22 am

Yup - I think that SoftStep with KeyWorx is the big hit for KMI and occupying all the intellectual capacity that KMI can muster.
I certainly would like to see some updates on the StringPort platform but a company has to capitalize on great opportunities when/if they arise in order to be successful.
Someday our ship will come in on the Stringport updates.
I wonder if we will get the update for free?
We were promised 12 months of updates at no charge. However that was what - one update?
It is over a year for me I think at this point. However I feel that we have been let down on the software updates big time.
I have bought both SP and SoftStep. I spent a couple of weeks playing and programming SP but went back to my Axon100 mkII because it is a faster midi convertor and could integrate into MainStage without imposing the considerable CPU hit that SP induces.
I look at SP as something I will use down the road someday when (if?) it is further developed.
acousticartist

Postby acousticartist » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:16 pm

Apparently, Stringport is dead... No new releases, or hints of a timeline for Lion compatibility. Too bad
for a product so promising initially, and so expensive! If I ever want to use this again, I have to keep an install of an outdated old OS handy.
Not Happy!
Attila

Postby Attila » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:58 am

I am still waiting for the next StringPort software release, hoping that StringPort is alive.
acousticartist

Postby acousticartist » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:52 pm

Maybe, going by the number of posts in KMI's own Stringport forum, the five of us who bought their product are not even wort replying to. I have even sent PM's to the moderators (polite requests for information), and nary a reply... but still hoping!
Attila wrote:I am still waiting for the next StringPort software release, hoping that StringPort is alive.
SolidBodySound

Postby SolidBodySound » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:35 pm

acousticartist wrote:Maybe, going by the number of posts in KMI's own Stringport forum, the five of us who bought their product are not even wort replying to. I have even sent PM's to the moderators (polite requests for information), and nary a reply... but still hoping!
Attila wrote:I am still waiting for the next StringPort software release, hoping that StringPort is alive.
FWIW, you can add me to the 'five of us who bought" .... so the running total is 6?
I would love to get new release for SP anytime! I suppose that the niche market of guitarsynth makes developement costs very high without ROI in any reasonable timeframe.
If anybody hears of anything please pass it on via email, PM, two cans and a string...
But hey, check out the demo videos!
Oh well, hopefully soon we will get any response from Keith or Sarah or Diane...
I'm sure that they are busy with their foot controlled projects... which are very cool and may be the salvation of all things KMI!
Have fun fellow SP dreamers,
Peace,
Alan Ayoub

Return to “StringPort Feature Wishlist”