Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Bidule group for Softstep control

Show off your SoftStep tricks here.
DaveDraper

Bidule group for Softstep control

Postby DaveDraper » Sun May 01, 2011 4:17 am

After weeks of intermittent hacking around with Plogue Bidule, I've managed to evolve something in the way of an alternative to the KMI software. It doesn't solve the tricky physical problems of size 10 feet & size 4 softstep pads, but it is usable (in barefeet!) & gives you up to forty note triggers from the ten pads, CC# to MIDI note#, CCvalue to note velocity. Nothing for the NavPad yet, but it's very much a work-in-progress.
I still have to boot up the KMI software if only to turn the backlighting off, but once that's done, shut it down, use port 1 & it'll work.
Anyone interested in checking it out (improving it??), it's on the Plogue.com forums at:
http://www.plogue.com/phpBB3/viewtopic. ... c05b855f62
Dave
DaveDraper

Re: Bidule group for Softstep control

Postby DaveDraper » Tue May 24, 2011 6:17 am

Still a work-in-progress, but usable for me, & maybe some pointers for others with a toe in the water of plogue bidule....
It does four note triggers per pad (one at a time) is configurable for sensitivity & note values, has a pad 0 set up for CC control (copy&paste, reconfigure, for other pads), & does program change on the Navpad. OK, ain't as funky (yet) as the KMI bloatware, but is working for me right now (guitar+SonyGP5+Mobius).

Apparently .bgrp or .xml file extensions are NOT PERMITTED on this forum, so if you're desperate, you'll have to go to http://www.plogue.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5733 to download it!

BTW, the group uses raw data from port 1, so if you're on v1.1/vk1, you'll have to boot that up, switch the lights off (if necessary), then shut it down.....etc. Or you could mess around with vj1, which sends out the raw CC data (just don't try & load v1.1 on this!!

Dave
lphovercraft

Postby lphovercraft » Thu May 24, 2012 8:32 am

Thanks for this - I'm a Plogue Bidule hack and am interested in seeing what this does. Will try it this week.

BTW - I go barefoot when at home and use Fila Skele-toes when out and about. :)
Houston Haynes - LPHovercraft Music
Desktop - Intel i7 920 12GB RAM - RME HDSP 9652
Notebook - Intel i5 8GM RAM - ASIO4All/internal chipset
Arturia Origin, Spark - KMI SoftStep, QuNeo
Mobius Megatar, Roland VG-99/VB-99
DaveDraper

Postby DaveDraper » Thu May 30, 2013 11:00 pm

Thought I'd posted an update on this topic here, but looks like I didn't!
Prompted by an obscure reference to my work on this, I revisited the group I'd been using (hacked around specifically for my purposes), & came up with a more rational, almost all-encompassing alternative. A bit more versatile, user-configurable etc. It's at:

http://www.plogue.com/phpBB3/viewtopic. ... 620#p35476

Dave

Return to “SoftStep Tips and Tricks”