Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

SoftStep with Logic Pro X

Show off your SoftStep tricks here.
bazsa82

SoftStep with Logic Pro X

Postby bazsa82 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:16 pm

Hi,

I bought a SoftStep 2 I try use with Logic Pro x (with factory Logic preset stope, rec ...) but the Logic don't respond.

Is there anyone who use this?

Thanks!

Balazs
emmett@KMI

Re: SoftStep with Logic Pro X

Postby emmett@KMI » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:29 pm

Hi Balazs,

Make sure that you have Logic listen to the SoftStep's "SoftStep Share" port when running in Hosted and turn off the listening of SSCOM.

Your MIDI devices won't show up in your Logic MIDI prefs but it will show up on your MIDI tracks.

Are you able to connect to the SoftStep editor?
bazsa82

Postby bazsa82 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:40 am

hi,

sorry but I don't understand...
emmett@KMI

Postby emmett@KMI » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:47 am

The SoftStep has multiple MIDI ports that change depending on whether you are in Hosted Mode or Standalone mode. Hosted mode is only available if you have the SoftStep Advanced Editor open and it gives more functionality but can also make things more confusing because you then need to configure your DAW to ignore the SSCOM port.

In your case you can set your SoftStep to Standalone mode and not have to worry about that step. You will need to understand how Logic handles MIDI controllers, for more info on that please refer to your Logic user manual. If you want to have the SoftStep control an instrument make sure you select the SoftStep SSCOM port in the MIDI settings on that track.

To use the Logic transport demo included with the SoftStep Editor, make sure that your SoftStep is connected to the editor, then change to standalone mode, then add the Logic preset to your SoftStep's setlist, and hit send. Now on your SoftStep hit the right button until the display name reads LOGC.

If your Logic App is able to receive MIDI from the SoftStep then it should get the MMC transport messages sent by the SoftStep.
hashachar

Postby hashachar » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:53 am

Dear Emmett,

How can I make Logic (or MainStage) to listen only to specific ports?
As far as I know, this option is not possible in Logic nor MainStage (as stated in SoftStep manual)...

Thanks!
Yair
bazsa82

Postby bazsa82 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:30 pm

Here is the key:

1. SoftStep Standalone or Hosted both good. Use Factory Logic presets

2. Logic Pro x: File / Project Settings / Synchronization - Midi label, the lower part: MIDI Machine Control(MMC) sign to Listen to MMC Input.
:D

Return to “SoftStep Tips and Tricks”