Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

SoftStep Setup Adjustments- Global Gain

Show off your SoftStep tricks here.
Macciza

SoftStep Setup Adjustments- Global Gain

Postby Macciza » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:12 pm

Hi All

I think one of the most important and far-reaching setup adjustments is the 'GLOBAL GAIN' within the [SETTING] window.
If set too high you will lose a great deal of fine-control as it maxes out very quickly with small pressure . .
If set too low you will not be able to even make maximum values despite immense pressure.

I set mine up as follows -
Bring up settings page and also one of the pad modulation pages.
Set a modline to show PressureLive and organise windows so you can see them both.
Apply the maximum amount of pressure you want to match to maximum value and adjust GLOBAL GAIN.
Repeat - observing the raw output and adjust until you only achieve max value with appropriate pressure.
I also set modlines for foot on and off to set on/off threshold sensitivity
I also sset modlines for x & y live and tried to assess dead zones and acceleration.

Repeat from time to time to adjust to taste and improved familiarity with the SS.

Hope that helps
Cheers
MM
KMI StringPort_1650, SoftStep_VK2 v1.2 & MIDI Expander; Mac_Moore Guitar,
Roland VG 8, 88 & 99, YamahaVL 70m; OSX 10.6.8, iMac i7 2.8G QC; MaxMSP 5.1.8, Ableton Live 8.2.2, M4L, SC3, QC, cSound, etc, etc,
Tom@KMI
KMI Moderator

Re: SoftStep Setup Adjustments

Postby Tom@KMI » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:20 pm

Thanks Mac for this great tip!

Yes, Global Gain control is a powerful tool for adjusting and really customizing your SoftStep's feel and response to suite your own tastes.
PRS-Ian

Re: SoftStep Setup Adjustments- Global Gain

Postby PRS-Ian » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:40 am

My I add that the flooring you use the SoftStep on will make a difference as well.
At home setting up the SS I'm on carpeted floor but in a live situation the staging will be hard.
The soft carpet does make a difference to the feel.
Ian
waleed020

Re: SoftStep Setup Adjustments- Global Gain

Postby waleed020 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:57 pm

I made featuring my SuperCollider SoftStepSeq class. I'll release the code soon, I promise.
Are you interested in testking ccna itil? Get our self paced testking ccna and passguideitil study packages to pass your without any difficulty in openculture.com lsat. surfacelanguages

Return to “SoftStep Tips and Tricks”