Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Setup for DAW and Transport Control

Show off your SoftStep tricks here.
joe1871

Setup for DAW and Transport Control

Postby joe1871 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:22 pm

Hi,

I bought the Softstep because it was advertised that it could be used to control DAWs like Pro Tools and Cubase and StudioOne and Reason. I have all the guitar footpedals I will ever want, but I am really hoping that this pedal can be used to let me manage my home recording setup. I want to be able to control the Record, Play, and rewind features minimally, and a punch in start/stop if that is at all possible.

Does anyone have this set up who can give me a nudge in the right direction? I am running Win7 64bit w PT 10, Cubase 6.0, Reason 6.5, etc. I would really appreciate the help!

Joe
SLP

Re: Setup for DAW and Transport Control

Postby SLP » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:29 pm

With in cubase you need to learn how to use the remote section. There is a section in the manual about it.
Basically you tell cubase what to do with a cc from what controller and match that programming to the ss.

You could build it from scratch or You could use an already made layout like mackie control, look up the command channels/controls then program the ss to match.

Return to “SoftStep Tips and Tricks”