Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Synchronization With Ableton Live

Show off your SoftStep tricks here.
Bruce

Synchronization With Ableton Live

Postby Bruce » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:39 am

Hi,
I am looking for a way to automatically initialize set my Softstep fader Keys to the volume values in my Ableton faders.
I want to do this each time I open a new live set.

I don’t want to have to move keys to “latch” to Ableton faders every time I open a new live set. And I don’t want to have to move the keys to return the Ableton faders to where they were saved.

Maybe I can automatically send a midi message to reset / initialize the SoftStep Looks ve preset whenever I open a new live set?
Maybe there is a better way?

I am happy using SoftStep in Hosted mode and I have an expander too where if that helps.
I am using the standard KMI live script.

Thanks, Bruce
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Synchronization With Ableton Live

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:49 am

You can't externally set values of the SS, so you won't ever be able to recall the positions of the faders according to your Live set.
There's probably a way to do it by changing how the script handles setting the value, but that introduces other problems.
You can add init values to the keys in Hosted mode to send the appropriate MIDI message to set them to unity, which would save you a bit of time.
mocker

Postby mocker » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:47 am

Bruce wrote:Hi,
I am looking for a way to automatically initialize set my Softstep fader Keys to the volume values in my Ableton faders.
I want to do this each time I open a new live set.

I don’t want to have to move keys to “latch” to Ableton faders every time I open a new live set. And I don’t want to have to move the keys to return the Ableton faders to where they were saved.

Maybe I can automatically send a midi message to reset / initialize the SoftStep Looks ve preset whenever I open a new live set?
Maybe there is a better way?

I am happy using SoftStep in Hosted mode and I have an expander too where if that helps.
I am using the standard KMI live script.

Thanks, Bruce
You can use Bome Midi Translator and set up a rule with relative CCs. That will give you exactly what you need. Check out their forum "relative control change" it's been discussed several times.
brettschneider

Postby brettschneider » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:45 am

@mocker -

in the bome forum (https://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3420) you said you could send your Bome project to interested people. Unfortunately bome forum is now readonly and I cannot contact you anymore.
Could I please somehow get the mentioned bome project?
Thank you very much

Return to “SoftStep Tips and Tricks”