Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

iConnectMIDI

Show off your SoftStep tricks here.
soundog

iConnectMIDI

Postby soundog » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:26 am

I have gone from using computers (Mac & MainStage) for live performance, to a hardware setup. Less fear and hassle and downtime and confusion if something isn't working at a gig. But, how to use all my MIDI gear that sends data via USB, without a computer??!

I tried different solutions that are on the market, but have settled on iconnectivity products. I am using their original iConnectMIDI box, but now they make different versions. EVERYTHING I have tried to hookup to this thing just works. SoftStep, homemade controllers, Akai, Korg, MIDI in, MIDI out, even an iPod Touch or an iPad. Its got USB in, MIDI DIN ins and outs, and 30-pin iPad/Iphone connect.

They continuously update their products and what I really like .... it just works!!
kithara

Re: iConnectMIDI

Postby kithara » Mon May 23, 2016 9:54 am

Hi

Five years later and I use an iCM4+ and that works with SS2 in standalone mode just fine. It allows me quickly to switch between computers with the pedal.

I have not tested with a computer-less rig though as I pretty much am in the box. I will give that a try someday.

Kithara

Return to “SoftStep Tips and Tricks”