Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Export Patch function?

a place to share your SoftStep Scenes and Presets
Macciza

Export Patch function?

Postby Macciza » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:28 am

Hi
It would be great if we could 'export' a single scene into a .json file that would then be able to be used with the Librarian to transfer patches around rather than having to send all the scenes . . .
Perhaps the Librarian app could be used to do this rather than the SS_Editor as it is already a .json editor of sorts . . .
I believe this would make it far easier to exchange scenes and should be quite possible - I think we would then see a bit of action on this Scene Share section .. .. . .

Cheers

MM
KMI StringPort_1650, SoftStep_VK2 v1.2 & MIDI Expander; Mac_Moore Guitar,
Roland VG 8, 88 & 99, YamahaVL 70m; OSX 10.6.8, iMac i7 2.8G QC; MaxMSP 5.1.8, Ableton Live 8.2.2, M4L, SC3, QC, cSound, etc, etc,
PRS-Ian

Re: Export Patch function?

Postby PRS-Ian » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:48 am

As the .Json file is in text format, I guess there is no reason why we couldn't post a file containing just the particular scene 'cut'. This is a messy option as it relies on the end user’s ability to cut and (more importantly) paste the data into the right place.
Just a thought
Ian
Macciza

Re: Export Patch function?

Postby Macciza » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:55 am

Hi
Yes _ I had been planning to do a Max patch to deal with all this but have not yet . . .
May be I should have another look , thanks for reminding me . . .

Cheers
MM
KMI StringPort_1650, SoftStep_VK2 v1.2 & MIDI Expander; Mac_Moore Guitar,
Roland VG 8, 88 & 99, YamahaVL 70m; OSX 10.6.8, iMac i7 2.8G QC; MaxMSP 5.1.8, Ableton Live 8.2.2, M4L, SC3, QC, cSound, etc, etc,

Return to “SoftStep Scene Share forum”