Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

SoftStep Version 1.21 BETA for Mac & Windows

a posting board for news and links to new SoftStep software releases
SarahKMI
KMI Moderator

SoftStep Version 1.21 BETA for Mac & Windows

Postby SarahKMI » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:38 pm

Hello SoftStep users!

We have a new BETA available of the SoftStep application:

Windows:

http://files.keithmcmillen.com/download ... 1_BETA.zip

Mac:

http://files.keithmcmillen.com/download ... 1_BETA.zip

This version includes a firmware update to VK2A which increases compatibility with other MIDI devices that don't work with Running Status program changes. This firmware update also resolves the occasionally encountered "ERR1" display message that some users saw with the VK2 firmware.

So it's mainly a new version for the firmware but for Mac users I've also made a couple updates to the Mainstage scene in Hosted Mode and Standalone Mode. These updates are in preparation for a video tutorial I'm making for Mainstage so keep a lookout for that too.

Let us know what you think of the new BETA! Thanks!

-Sarah Howe
Macciza

Re: SoftStep Version 1.21 BETA for Mac & Windows

Postby Macciza » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:06 pm

Great news
Also like to add that the provision of OSC In mapping , similar to the MIDI In mapping, is a welcome addition too . . ..
All seems fine so far, but can we have a longer RC phase this time please . . . .
Cheers
MM

PS Minor issue just noticed : Transferring the Presets folder to v1.21 seems to have moved the SceneList properly but has not transferred the SetList - has the .json format changed ?
KMI StringPort_1650, SoftStep_VK2 v1.2 & MIDI Expander; Mac_Moore Guitar,
Roland VG 8, 88 & 99, YamahaVL 70m; OSX 10.6.8, iMac i7 2.8G QC; MaxMSP 5.1.8, Ableton Live 8.2.2, M4L, SC3, QC, cSound, etc, etc,

Return to “SoftStep Releases and Announcements”