Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Mapping LEDs to track arm buttons in Ableton

a place to share your patches and get help with the Max/MSP Dev. Kit.
forge

Mapping LEDs to track arm buttons in Ableton

Postby forge » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:29 am

Hi
I'm wondering if anyone might be able to help me use the Dev kit in Max for Live to make it so that the LEDs light up when the Track arm buttons are enabled in Live.

I would like to use pedals 1-5 purely as track arm buttons and nothing else. I can just map the pedals to the arm buttons, but I want the LEDs to light up and stay lit up the whole time the track arm buttons are on.

I can see that it's possible to set it up in the current editor like in Diane's (can't remember her last name) demo video where she set it so that if any other keys are pressed it turns off the LED for the current one, otherwise it stays on using "fast trigger latch"

But I want to be able to have more than one track armed at a time, and likewise it's not that safe because if I press one a couple of times then another pedal it can get out of sync.

I imagine this would be a pretty simple process in Max for Live just using the Live.observe object to see when the arm button is lit, but I've not really used M4L much so I'm not exactly sure how to do this.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Return to “SoftStep Max/MSP Dev Kit forum”