Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Javascript Softstep driver is ready.

a place to share your patches and get help with the Max/MSP Dev. Kit.
TomSwirly

Re: Javascript Softstep driver is ready.

Postby TomSwirly » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:43 am

Well, we'll see what happens!

Someone else is already using the driver to communicate with, I think it's, Mobius.

I'll be emitting a new version of the driver later this summer (I made some local changes but no bugfixes and not enough to justify a new release) and we'll see how it goes from there....!
TomSwirly

Postby TomSwirly » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:58 am

Just wanted to note that my codebase has been evolving but I haven't released a new version of the Softstep driver yet because:

1. There is no new functionality or bug fix for the Softstep driver in the code base.
2. People are successfully using the current code for their own derived patches which seems to work fine.

I will however be releasing a new version before the end of the year, if nothing else so that it's up-to-date with the rest of my code and I can reply to issues quickly. So drop me a line if there's something you want...
arvidtp

Postby arvidtp » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:33 pm

Just want to say - your javascript driver is awesome - its what i've been using to perform with my softstep for the last 6 months or so and it is way better than the official Max objects from KMI. Thanks!
wasi

Postby wasi » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:59 am

No way to use it without MAX, right? :(
TomSwirly

Postby TomSwirly » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:19 am

Sorry for the delay...

Unfortunately, I don't believe so. There is a way to package up Max patches so anyone can run them, but I'd have to write a user interface to allow you to patch it into other things, and it seems likely I won't have the time to do that for quite a while...

Return to “SoftStep Max/MSP Dev Kit forum”