Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

12step for stompbox

Get help from other 12 Step users
SLP

12step for stompbox

Postby SLP » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:23 pm

I thought this answer was up but can't find it. Currently I'd like to try using the 12step for a stomp box. It works fine in chrmo mode or most other assigning notes in ableton, but what I would like is for the lights to represent if the effect is on or not. Currently I have to press the pad twice to turn something on off for the lights to follow the effect.
Any ideas?
thanks!
mehrdadp

Re: 12step for stompbox

Postby mehrdadp » Thu May 23, 2013 5:47 pm

I am having the same problem. I have to push twice for the keys to take effect in Ableton. I use SoftShare Mix with Remote on. My IAC is on all across. I wonder if it is the combination of both IAC and SoftShare mixer that sends the midi command twice or something.
MacBook pro, OS 10.10.5, Apple Duet, Ableton Live 9, SoftStep 1 in hosted mode, Amplitube 4.
SLP

Postby SLP » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:33 pm

The only fix I found is using bome midi translator to reprogram what the pedal is sending/receiving. Haven't had time to write the code for it.
I use the ss primarily now.
Torben Scharling

Postby Torben Scharling » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:23 pm

Has this issue been addressed? I'm currently in the market for a SS 1 or 2 or the 12 S dunno which one to get yet.......I wanna use it for both stomp boxing etc. and some note playing here and there..and personally like the layout of the 12 step, although It doesn't have those arrow directional buttons :( SS 2 though doesn't have velocity sensitivity.. :( I remember hating that lighting fact on my FCB1010 that I couldn't trust the lights being on meaning my guitar rig efx would be on..
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:28 am

Due to the nature of the hardcoded LEDs on the 12 step responding to CCs instead of notes, you have to do a workaround to get the LEDs to reflect LED state. I have made a M4L device that controls the LEDs in an on/off fashion. You simply map the desired key on the 12 step to this device AND the button/switch you want to control in Live.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll post it.

Return to “12 Step Users' Help Exchange”