Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

dead note and/or freeze

Get help from other 12 Step users
frank75

dead note and/or freeze

Postby frank75 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:19 pm

Hello, here's my problem. i've been using the 12 step for about two months now, no gigs yet so not much travelling with it or anything....

my 'E' note (number 3) gets randomly stuck (like still pressed, open or on hold while i'm just playing in normal mode) or even sometimes not responsive at all, 'dead', all the other notes works perfectly. i've done a lot of new presets with the software, worked perfectly so far, maybe something happened while i was connecting the 12 step with the laptop?.... how can i fix this? is it me thats pressing too hard?
and whats the warranty if i have to get it exchanged or something?

thanks
TheSupport@KMI

Re: dead note and/or freeze

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:19 am

Hmm. It's very unlikely that updating presets would cause a persistent stuck key, so I wouldn't worry about that.

A potential solution would be to try working the silicone a bit — push it in towards the center of the key. It's possible (probably unlikely, but possible) that the key is getting snagged somewhere around the edge.

Has it always done this since you got it? Or did it only start doing this recently? If it's always done this, you might just need to break in that key some more. Just step on it and press it a bunch — it's possible the behavior will disappear.

If the stuck key recently developed or if no amount of working/breaking in the key helps, then submit a support ticket (http://www.keithmcmillen.com/support). We can get you a replacement (our hardware has a 1 year warranty). Point them to this thread if you do end up submitting a ticket.
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
frank75

Re: dead note and/or freeze

Postby frank75 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:00 pm

thanks for the quick reply.

no it started doing this maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago, and its most likely to happen when i've been using it for a ''long'' period, more than 30 minutes lets say. even then it happens so randomly its hard to tell.

actually it started happening not long after i've started programming some custom presets, thats why i thought maybe it was the problem.

after tapping several quick times on the E note it seems to work fine so far. if the problem persist after my next long full band rehearsal then i'll submit the report ticket, thanks again!!

Return to “12 Step Users' Help Exchange”