1. Navigate to the MIDI window of your Audio MIDI Setup, which can be found in System Preferences.
2. Delete the 12 Step icon from the MIDI settings while in your preferred language with your device unplugged.
3. In System Preferences where you select your language, select English and delete your preferred language.
4. Boot into English and connect your device. Make sure the 12 Step device icon appears in the MIDI settings window.
5. Now you should be able to open the editor and verify the connection.
6. Boot back into your preferred language, and you should be good to go.
You'll only have to do this once, and it should work like a charm.