Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Merge with other controller?

Get help from other 12 Step users
rvtuason

Merge with other controller?

Postby rvtuason » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:02 am

Can the 12 Step be used in conjunction with another keyboard controller to the same output? Either merging the midi signal or keeping the signal separate? And can the Expander accomplish this or do I need a separate midi merger?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Merge with other controller?

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:46 am

You can use multiple MIDI controllers to control one MIDI hardware/software instrument. Provided the instrument has multiple inputs, or you have a way to merge MIDI signals.

The MIDI expander does not merge MIDI information on it's own, so if you are hardware only, you'd need a separate MIDI merger.
If you're using a computer, you can send MIDI information from your computer (or other connected MIDI controllers) out of the expander, as well as using the 12 step to send MIDI out of the expander.
rvtuason

Postby rvtuason » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:26 am

The manual states that port 1 will be signal from the 12 step and port 2 will be the signal from the Extender Midi In. If I set my ipad to receive all ports from the Extender will it get signal from the 12 step and my keyboard controller plugged into Extender Midi In?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:02 am

Ah! If you're using an iPad, then this is possible. I was under the impression that you were hardware only (you never mentioned that the destination was an iPad).

The MIDI data from the 12 Step Port 2 (in the iPad software) will be the MIDI data sent in through the Expander's MIDI IN.

Return to “12 Step Users' Help Exchange”