Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

SoftStep 2 with Mobius

Get help from other 12 Step users
Dbcodd

SoftStep 2 with Mobius

Postby Dbcodd » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:34 am

Yo- I'm new to KMI SoftStep 2 and to this forum.
I got KMI SS 2 specifically to control Mobius and have them communicating, but I do have some issues and I hope there is help for me here.
I have not been able to get the folks at Mobius to answer this as yet. I'm hoping for better luck here.

1) in Hosted mode, it appears that the Advanced Editor has to be active on my computer in order for Mobius to communicate with SS 2. Is the Advanced Editor a driver in this setting and required to be on?

2) when I set a pad on the SS 2 to TOGL to have a sustained output that is subsequently turned off when re-clicked, it works as it should in Standalone mode.
However, when I turn on the Advanced Editor, and then activate Mobius, it no longer works as a TOGL and stays ON until I activate another SS 2 switch. This defeats the purpose of using TOGL.

I am using an iMac and the KMI SS 2.

Anyone able to HELP here?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: SoftStep 2 with Mobius

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:55 am

Dbcodd wrote: 1) in Hosted mode, it appears that the Advanced Editor has to be active on my computer in order for Mobius to communicate with SS 2. Is the Advanced Editor a driver in this setting and required to be on?
Not really sure what you mean here. There's no 'driver' at all with the SS. You don't need the Editor to be on to communicate with software. Just listen to SSCOM 1. If you want to use Hosted Mode, then yes the Editor needs to be open. That's the only way to use Hosted Mode. Otherwise you are in Standalone Mode. Refer to the SS manual for more information.
Dbcodd wrote: 2) when I set a pad on the SS 2 to TOGL to have a sustained output that is subsequently turned off when re-clicked, it works as it should in Standalone mode.
However, when I turn on the Advanced Editor, and then activate Mobius, it no longer works as a TOGL and stays ON until I activate another SS 2 switch. This defeats the purpose of using TOGL.
You're probably monitoring the wrong port, or using the wrong preset. It sounds like you're using the program change preset. The LEDs function in that manner when using that preset.

Return to “12 Step Users' Help Exchange”