Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Looking for ultra basic advice...

Get help from other 12 Step users
kingofalldrunks

Looking for ultra basic advice...

Postby kingofalldrunks » Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 pm

Okay, I'll admit right upfront that I am totally tech ignorant. Maybe not TOTALLY, since I was actually able to register for the forum. Hahaha...

Anyway--I'm trying to figure out if the 12 Step is right for my needs. At this point, all I really want to be able to do is figure out how to get a fairly realistic overdriven powerchord kind of sound(in a live setting), with my feet. Seems like the 12 Step is probably a somewhat easy route to get there, except that I really don't know what else I would need to do that.

I'm assuming 12 Step to *something* to my guitar amp. I'm just a little, let's go with "uneducated", to know what route I would need to take. Anyone have mercy on a poor, dumb soul and want to chime in? Thanks in advance...
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Looking for ultra basic advice...

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon May 09, 2016 2:54 pm

The 12 Step isn't really the issue here, it's more the 'something' that you need to figure out.
Analog synth?
Computer?
IPad?

Anything that understands MIDI and create sounds from that data would work.
kingofalldrunks

Postby kingofalldrunks » Mon May 09, 2016 4:49 pm

That's sort of what I figured. I'd definitely prefer to not have a computer on the stage, so I guess I have a lot more research to do on how the whole midi thing works and what other people are running them through. I'm hoping there is some sort of simple stomp box sort of thing that will do what I need. Thanks.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Tue May 10, 2016 3:33 am

Stompbox? Very unlikely. As far as MIDI and guitar pedals go, it's generally used for changing parameters/presets on stompboxes, and not generating sound.

Like I said, there are basically two ways to go: Hardware, or software.

Return to “12 Step Users' Help Exchange”