Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

12-Step With Kirnu and Cantabile

Get help from other 12 Step users
utnut1

12-Step With Kirnu and Cantabile

Postby utnut1 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:31 pm

Hello, mostly a newb here (but learning)! My dilemma is with using the KMI 12-step with the free Kirnu arpeggio sequencer. I LOVE it for its ease of use, but the sequencer seems to be stopping (hanging on a single note) about 25% of the time. Keying another note or just waiting a few seconds before keying another note seems to start the sequencing again, but this obviously will not work well in live performance situations. I cannot seem to narrow the problem. I've read previous issues with a "hang bug" in Kirnu, but thought that most of those were fixed. And, none of the workaround solutions apply to my VST host. I hope that this is just a configuration issue somewhere. Here is my setup:

Windows XP SP3 (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz, 3G RAM)
Cantabile Lite 2.0.0.2064 - VST host
ASIO4ALL - driver
Alchemy Player - VST soft synth (using Grand Piano instrument in this example)
Kirnu 1.2.1 - VST arpeggio sequencer
Keith McMillen 12-Step - MIDI foot controller

I'm not seeing any obvious CPU or memory performance problems. I've tried Kirnu with a couple of different VST synths/instruments and observed no change in behavior (still hangs/stops). I've also played with Cantabile latency settings, but that does not seem to help either. I only have a virtual keyboard (via computer keyboard) or a MIDI foot controller...I do not use/have a MIDI piano fingerboard. I will say that I cannot get the problem to replicate using the Cantabile virtual keyboard...it only happens when using my MIDI foot-controller (Keith Mcmillen 12 step). The KM 12-step MIDI controller executes 2 or more MIDI notes (up to a max of 5) simultaneously with one a single foot-button press. My hunch is maybe Kirnu cannot efficiently handle 2 or more MIDI note keys sent to it at the exact same time? This is mostly just grasping at straws though. Maybe there is configuration setting in either Cantabile, Kirnu, KM 12-step controller, or ASIO4ALL driver? Thanks in advance for your help!

Return to “12 Step Users' Help Exchange”