Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Distinct MIDI Channel Per Note Programmability

Share your wishes for the future of 12 Step
goatghost

Distinct MIDI Channel Per Note Programmability

Postby goatghost » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:10 pm

I love the 12 Step!

Distinct MIDI channel programmability FOR EACH NOTE is one feature I would love to see you implement in a future firmware update.

Right now, all 13 notes on the 12 Step transmit on the same channel (or two channels, from what I understand). This is all fine and good, but my synth does not allow me to "zone" incoming sources. So, I am unable to trigger sounds (or samples) on different channels, depending on whatever note I press.

I would imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to add an option (for each preset) to be able to program each note to send on a distinct MIDI channel, if desired.

If you could let me know about the possibility of this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
phill

Re: Distinct MIDI Channel Per Note Programmability

Postby phill » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:42 am

Hello I agree
This would make the 12 step more versatile, that or a simple up down preset button on its own that allowed you to quickly change preset and midi channel if thats saved in a preset, hope it is, without the clumsy stop press select select preset and while your doing this the note you might want to keep playing stops,

Maybe a softstep could be used to quickly change presets?

Phillip
pjefferson

Postby pjefferson » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:07 am

Wish I had seen this. I just posted the exact same request. this would be a great feature for the 12-step and would make it much more versatile. Hopefully KMI will update the software sometime soon if it's possible.
pjefferson

Postby pjefferson » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:33 am

Rumor has it there is a revamp for the 12 step coming soon. Is there a list of features that will be added and did this request make it? ;)

Thank you again KMI for such a great product.
TheSupport@KMI

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:03 pm

There's no list of what will be added yet (SoftStep will get updated before 12 Step), but I imagine the people who want this (separate settings for individual keys) will be satisfied.
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
goatghost

Postby goatghost » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:28 pm

Still ***DYING*** for the "distinct MIDI channel per note" capability. :D

Any word on if/when an update will occur?
LanSolo

Postby LanSolo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:06 am

So this functionality was originally requested in 2012, and at the end of 2017 we still don't have it! I use my 12-Step for regular live performances, and it is an invaluable tool. But one thing I really, really want is the ability to customize the MIDI channel for each pedal. I often want to access sounds independently from different apps for different parts of a song, but I can't. The 12-Step software / firmware only allows two MIDI channels to be accessed simultaneously for the whole keyboard. (Example: In a couple of songs I want to play an arpeggiator app during the verse, and synth pads during the chorus).

I seems like there hasn't been any update to the functionality of the 12-Step software or firmware for years. Surely this amazing, well-built piece of hardware deserves better.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:16 am

We haven't done any feature updates for the 12 Step in some time, and we currently have no definitive plans to do so.
heartmood

Postby heartmood » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:36 pm

TheOtherSupport@KMI wrote:We haven't done any feature updates for the 12 Step in some time, and we currently have no definitive plans to do so.
This is very sad, and I think it would not be very complicated to implement this function. But generally it seems, that the 12 Step was put in a backwater by KMI.

Return to “12 Step Feature Wishlist”