Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Editor features wishlist

Share your wishes for the future of 12 Step
heartmood

Editor features wishlist

Postby heartmood » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:32 pm

I'm a new 12 Step user and spent the last couple of days exploring it's functions. The editor software is imho very poorly designed. First the lack of realtime bi-directional communication, means that I wish to load (single and all) presets and their parameters from the 12 Step into the editor. I used many editors (VoiceLive, Roland GR55, IRig Pads) which can do that.

Then I would like to send single presets to the 12 Step, just sending the whole setlist is very uncomfortable.

Choosing presets for the setlist opens up the whole list of presets. I would like to switch them one by one up and down with the arrow keys and some arrows in the GUI.

I would like to save all presets in addition to just single presets. My workaround for this (I'm on a MacBook Pro Mojave 10.14.2) is to dive into the app contens package and open the Resources folder containig the 12step.json file, editing it with a texteditor (BBEdit is great for that, but a simple texteditor will be ok too) and moving this file in and out, so I can make different setlists.

BBEdit's find and replace functions make it easy to change parameters for multiple presets, like the MIDI channels.

At the moment I can live with those workarounds, but it should be implemented in the 12 Step Editor for ease of use.

Oh and it was a PITA and cost me hours of struggling to find out that the 12 Step editor app has to be moved out of its (sub-) folder directly into the Applications folder to load/show the factory presets. I installed a VM Windows machine and used the Windows version until I checked the forementioned solution.
Last edited by heartmood on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Editor features wishlist

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:01 am

The 12 Step is not a storage device, the presets aren't actually on the device. The Editor converts the presets into sysex data which is used to configure the 12 Step.
Not really sure why sending a setlist is uncomfortable? If you don't make any changes to more than one preset, you're functionally only updating one preset.
I can certainly take your suggestions under consideration.

Return to “12 Step Feature Wishlist”