Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

MIDI Channel, Program Change messages per key

Share your wishes for the future of 12 Step
dodecafono

MIDI Channel, Program Change messages per key

Postby dodecafono » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:18 pm

Hello!

12 Step is a great piece of gear. I use it with Ableton Live 8 with a set of softsynths. I use it as my master controller sending program change messages for all the virtual dudes and the real dudes (a Digitech RP355 Pedal) so, I just change the preset in 12 Step and voila! The set is ready for the next song. I also use the 12 Step as a sample trigger. In my particular work as a multi-talented musician (I play keyboards, guitar, bass and vocals) it would be great if you can add more parameters for edit, I mean, MIDI channel and program change messages for example. There are cases where I need to change a preset in the guitar pedal at the same time when I trigger a note. The solution now is do a little tap dance or use dummy clips in Ableton, but it will be great if you can add that option to the 12Step.

Well, as I use the pedal new "wishes" may appear...
heartmood

Re: MIDI Channel, Program Change messages per key

Postby heartmood » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:58 pm

Hi dodecafono,
I'm a new user of the 12 Step with Ableton Live. You talk about dummy clips. Do you change the 12 Step presets via those and if so, can you explain how that works?
Last edited by heartmood on Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: MIDI Channel, Program Change messages per key

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:13 am

Using MIDI clips on a blank track with the MIDI To set to 12 Step port 1, you can assign a Program Change message to a clip. The option is in the Note section of the clip inspector.

Return to “12 Step Feature Wishlist”