Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

QuNeo Max/MSP Dev Kit Available Now

TheSupport@KMI

QuNeo Max/MSP Dev Kit Available Now

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:26 pm

Hey there folks,

I've been working on putting the Max/MSP dev kit for QuNeo together. It seems to be in a good place to release. This should work on both Mac and Windows. You can download here:

http://files.keithmcmillen.com/download ... it_1.0.zip

In its current state it will work best with Max 6 — there are some route (and maybe some routepass) objects where I used the newer functionality the lets you dynamically change what value is being routed. To compensate for this (there are definitely plenty of people still on Max 5) I've included two abstractions that will work on Max 5 and allow you to have a dynamically settable value. It may be a little annoying, but if you're on Max 5 you'll have to replace any route or routepass objects (that are actually getting set dynamically) with the route_mod and routepass_mode objects. I can throw together a Max 5 version if there's enough grumbling about it.

Basically this just lets you access the raw sensor data on your QuNeo and also address the LEDs individually. You want X/Y control on a pad? You get to come up with the math to determine location from four pressure values. You want your slider LED feedback to have physics? Have fun programming that! Toggles? Banks? Up to you.

Hopefully some of you end up making some cool things. Feel free to share in the preset sharing forum!

Future Plans:
  • 14-bit firmware for hi-res devkit (assuming the CCs stay the same, this current version of the devkit should still work when we get the 14-bit firmware)
  • C++ devkit/OSCapp
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073

Return to “QuNeo News and Announcements”