Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

QuNeo Rotaries

JanKliemann

QuNeo Rotaries

Postby JanKliemann » Tue May 14, 2019 4:52 pm

I have a problem with the Rotaries on the QuNeo.
I can use them like normal faders for values from 1-127 if set to normal mode.
But when I set them as relative for Endless Encoder it gets a bit tricky.
I can manage, that for example, via Quick-Controls, I can control Faders inside the Mix-Console of Cubase.
But some VSTi (like VIPro) do not really work with Quick Controls. So I cannot send CC-Messages via Endless Encoder, unless I only want a 1 or 127.
I tried a workaround using PureData. I thought about writing a script, which modifies the output of the QuNeo.
The problem is, that I am pretty unexperienced there and only managed to do simple conversions like Velocity to CC and stuff.
But writing a script for an Endless Encoder seems rather complicated.
Does anyone have an idea where to start there?
Pongoid

Re: QuNeo Rotaries

Postby Pongoid » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:30 pm

I use Bome MIDI Translator Pro to accomplish this. I've also used it to translate the outputs from CC's to midi notes to make use of Evan B's Session Box M4L device. Until I sussed that out, it was a clunky task navigating Ableton's session window for live performances, but now, I can fly around a session with 40+ channels and 200+ scenes like it's nothing. I would definitely look into BMP, it's a powerhouse of a midi tool. Works for all kinds of other stuff too. It'll even translate midi commands into keystrokes so if you wanted to get really clever you could write an Applescript (if you're on a Mac) to control things in your home, like dimming the lights in another room, or controlling the AC, or whatever. It's pretty crazy. Also talks with ClyphX quite well. Good luck.
ericKMI

Re: QuNeo Rotaries

Postby ericKMI » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:12 pm

We have added this functionality to the encoders in the new QuNeo MPE Beta. Please DM me if you are interested in Beta testing.

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”