Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

RGB

Lion

RGB

Postby Lion » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:57 am

Is there any chance of seeing a new QuNeo with RGB LEDs?
mooter

Re: RGB

Postby mooter » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:24 pm

That would be the canine's testicles.
TheSupport@KMI

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:26 pm

I'd definitely love to see this happen. I feel like the power requirements would go up though, and I think we're already pushing the USB limit with the current QuNeo LEDs. So it may be one of those things where you would need to plug two USB cables in (like the older monome 256s and some bus-powered hard drives) or be plugged into wall power constantly.

That and I imagine the circuit board would need to be redesigned.

I could definitely be wrong though. This is more demcanulty's world.
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
trustnoone

Postby trustnoone » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:50 pm

I would love this! I don't think having a wall connection would be a problem for most people, and the possibilities for this would be even greater than with the current QuNeo...
mooter

Postby mooter » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:33 pm

Eh, having to be tied to a wall mount or using up another usb port doesn't seem worth it imo.
More colors would be great for designation, but not at the cost of simple portability.

If power could be tied to memory /shrug/ i'd rather it go into more flexible data/spec options.

Well, what I mean is, whatever room is left, if it could be used for allocating more options for preset programming but power may not have anything to do with that as much as firmware/memory so it could be moot.

Needing an extra cable for more colors just doesn't seem appealing for me.

I've heard plenty of people bitch about the APC needing an outlet, and a lot of people don't take usb powered devices for granted.
trustnoone

Postby trustnoone » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:13 pm

mooter wrote:Eh, having to be tied to a wall mount or using up another usb port doesn't seem worth it imo.
More colors would be great for designation, but not at the cost of simple portability.
I've heard plenty of people bitch about the APC needing an outlet, and a lot of people don't take usb powered devices for granted.
Okay yeah that's fair, I retract my statement on it not being a hassle for most people, I didn't really talk to anyone else first. I can understand your point about portability and whatnot, I definitely wouldn't want it to require the use of a second USB port cause I only have 3 :s
mooter

Postby mooter » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:01 pm

s'all good brolo :P Possibilities are exciting:)
Lion

Postby Lion » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:36 am

I'm always been more of software than hardware. So, I can't really speak too much on the capabilities and limitations of usb, I do know there are quite a bit of RGB controllers out there. We all know Push, and Maschine (MKII), then theres Livid Instruments with OhmRGB, Cnrtl:R, Block (I think), Base, along with quite a bit of DIY Controllers such as the Chronome and Bhoreal. The last two MIDI Fighters (3d and Spectra) are also RGB but I'm not so sure that could be counted being that their arcade buttons and I would be a bit surprised to find they're basically the same as a MIDI Pad.

I think it's something definitely worth looking into, it's the new trend for a reason. Looks better and it's much easier to organize your sea of buttons and sensors.
demcanulty

Postby demcanulty » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:08 pm

Ohhh, I just spent an hour researching and writing a response and then while switching inbetween a bunch of tabs I googled something in the same tab accidentally and somehow lost the whole thing. My super complicated and nerdy response will have to wait for a bit until I have time to write it up all over again.
Lion

Postby Lion » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:37 pm

Really looking forward to more info on this

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”