Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

How to set the rotary areas to function like rotary knobs?

arrjaytea

How to set the rotary areas to function like rotary knobs?

Postby arrjaytea » Tue May 14, 2013 8:02 am

Software: Traktor Pro 2.6

Basically I want to use the rotaries in place of upfaders for volume adjusts on deck A and B, however I'm having a hell of a time figuring out exactly how to get this mapped. Effectively I'm trying to turn the Quneo into a two deck rotary mixer.

Any help?
arrjaytea

Re: How to set the rotary areas to function like rotary knob

Postby arrjaytea » Tue May 14, 2013 8:52 am

Ah, got it - it was a bonehead move by me not realizing how the location CC's worked.

It's always the obvious things.

I will ask one other question though: is there any way to limit and/or alter the range?

Right now my rotaries are basically 360 degrees, clockwise from 12 O'clock, and the lack of a gap makes mistakes easy.

I'd like to cut that to about 300 degrees starting from the 6 o'clock position.
TheSupport@KMI

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Tue May 14, 2013 11:46 am

There's currently no way to adjust the width and starting position of the rotaries. I can put that down as a feature request though.

To potentially solve your issue of the beginning and end of the rotaries being right next to each other, you might want to try playing around with the "Pass Thru Width" parameter in the Advanced tab. It's kind of a tough thing to explain, but it basically lets you set a range/distance from the rotary's current value that you need to pass your finger through in order for it to start moving. Kind of like Live's takeover mode, but with an adjustable range. It defaults to 127, which means you can jump to anywhere on the rotary instantly. If you set it to something like 10 and the rotary is currently set at 40, then you would need to press down somewhere between 30 and 50 in order for the rotary to start moving and outputting data — anything outside of that range would be ignored. It's a good way to make it so you can't accidentally jump from 127 to 0.
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
arrjaytea

Postby arrjaytea » Tue May 14, 2013 12:10 pm

TheSupport@KMI wrote:There's currently no way to adjust the width and starting position of the rotaries. I can put that down as a feature request though.

To potentially solve your issue of the beginning and end of the rotaries being right next to each other, you might want to try playing around with the "Pass Thru Width" parameter in the Advanced tab. It's kind of a tough thing to explain, but it basically lets you set a range/distance from the rotary's current value that you need to pass your finger through in order for it to start moving. Kind of like Live's takeover mode, but with an adjustable range. It defaults to 127, which means you can jump to anywhere on the rotary instantly. If you set it to something like 10 and the rotary is currently set at 40, then you would need to press down somewhere between 30 and 50 in order for the rotary to start moving and outputting data — anything outside of that range would be ignored. It's a good way to make it so you can't accidentally jump from 127 to 0.
I did see that in the manual, but I'm having a hard time visualizing what the value entered in the pass through turn into on the controller.

Does it basically break down in halves?

I'm just trying to replace linear upfaders for track volume with rotary faders. I've certainly got it working, like I said, I'd definitely just like there to be at least some gap there. Sounds like that's easily done, just trying to make sure I understand the concept.

Thanks much for the help though - loving my Quneo. TBH, I'm shocked at how easy it is to program. One day in and I'm flying high. :)
deomair

Postby deomair » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:05 am

clockwise from 12 O'clock, and the lack of a gap makes mistakes easy....
Join online computer training and testking to pass braindumps.com - cisco ccna exam in first principiacollege Our best quality Lynn University and selftestengine guide you well for real exam.
turntables

Postby turntables » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:19 am

arrjaytea wrote:
TheSupport@KMI wrote:There's currently no way to adjust the width and starting position of the rotaries. I can put that down as a feature request though.
I would like to see this as a feature, good idea,

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”