Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Abandonware?

TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Abandonware?

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon May 05, 2014 11:56 am

It doesn't have anything to do with the QuNeo functioning properly.

Msybe try the attached script instead, it was updated for Live 9. I just tested it (again), and the LEDs definitely update.

Do the sliders update with proper values? Is it just the pads that aren't updating?
Attachments
QuNeo_Live9.zip
(41.27 KiB) Downloaded 444 times
musikmachine

Postby musikmachine » Fri May 16, 2014 4:53 am

I just tried the template with the 9.1.3b beta and there seems to be some latency when inputting notes in step mode as there's a delay but it's fine with the default template.
jkroll

Postby jkroll » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:09 am

TheOtherSupport@KMI wrote:The QuNeo is definitely not abandonware, we still fully support the product and it's users as best we can with a VERY small team of software/hardware engineers. Those engineers are busy developing new products, and enhancing others. ...
Maybe this is the time for open-sourcing the firmware. Maybe there is not enough ROM space for all requested features at once, but if the code were open source, nothing would prevent people from creating custom firmwares implementing the features they need. I for one would have a go at creating some cool stuff if I had the source. In my spare time, and without any guarantees of course. For example, I miss the possibility to output the state of all controllers. Also, relative slider values could increase the precision. Other people might implement other interesting stuff. You have much to gain in open-sourcing the firmware code, and nothing to lose really. An alive community keeps a product going!

Also, the Quneo was advertised on Kickstarter as an "open source" product. Currently, it simply isn't. False advertising?
kazakore

Postby kazakore » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:34 am

You mean Open Source, like they promised with the original Kickstart project? And was the ONLY reason I supported it in the first place!! Before it turned out to be a big fat bag of lies!!!! :(
cnopcadav

Postby cnopcadav » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:19 pm

mindbeet, elmquist and all who can't figure how to make led feedback from sliders to and from programs.
(like in launchpad or apc40). If you map your sliders like in the attached picture and make their midi channel 1. you can see visual feedback on Quneo sliders. even if you automate parameters. sliders will show what's going in the automation. Also if you use Ableton Live you can write this CC numbers of sliders to User remote script macros 1-8 , and get visual feedback on sliders when you automate, and when you change device macros with blue hand icon. Quneo is THE BEST midi controller FOR ME and it works really well ( if you know what you want). I even can load 2 scripts with it. (1st) - user remote script with LIVE macros. (2nd) - Quneo ableton live script with clip launching and stepseq. (but without volume faders pan and sends), cause i use sliders for the 8 macro controllers. So i can step seq drums or melodies and at the same time tweak macro knobs on different racks with visual feedback on sliders.
Attachments
quneo.jpg
mindbeet

Postby mindbeet » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:31 pm

Thank You,
although playing QuNeos LED's was never a problem. Actually I have this very preset setup ages ago (think I wrote it in a post somewhere in here). The point is quite the opposite that all software won't let You freely assign controllers (like Live or Traktor does, where it is a good controller). Or they have fixed output for LED's (like most effects, synths and iPad apps etc)

My point being that the current design choice with fixed LED's is flawed, with different colors on separate note values (when every other controller uses velocity ranges). And why let me change the output if I can't change the input? If it has to be fixed it should at least be in a common MIDI range similar to the Launchpad or APC.

Thanks for the tip though!

How about the subject "Abandonware" at this point? :-)

PS. I wouldn't be half as negative if KMI would have taken my support ticket's seriously since dec 2012 and not just telling me over and over to buy new cables...
emmett@KMI

Postby emmett@KMI » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi Mindbeet,

I'm sorry to hear about you not being taken seriously.

We have a new tech support team and we'd be happy to help you with any unresolved issues. Submit a ticket and we'll take it from there.

Thanks.
mastazi

Postby mastazi » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:43 am

TheOtherSupport@KMI wrote: Msybe try the attached script instead, it was updated for Live 9. I just tested it (again), and the LEDs definitely update.
Could you please, and I'm begging you, include this script in the official software download page?

The horizontal sliders weren't working in Ableton 9 while using the presets n. 9 and 10, and I had to navigate the forum to finally find this thread where, in page 2 of the thread, I have finally found this script which actually works.
I couldn't find the script anywhere else in your website, and the forum interface says that it has been downloaded only 27 times... Which means that only me and other 26 users where EVER able to get the Quneo properly working with Ableton Live 9 IN THE WHOLE WORLD.

I think you should really really really really update the official software package that is in the software download page.
boulderburns

Postby boulderburns » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:38 am

Hi mastazi, any chance you could post a link to that thread? I'll be your best fwend?? ;)
mastazi

Postby mastazi » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:00 am

boulderburns wrote:Hi mastazi, any chance you could post a link to that thread? I'll be your best fwend?? ;)
Hi And sorry for the delay, the thread is this one where we are right now, see the first post on page 2 of the thread, there is a download link. According to my experience, this linked version of the scripts solves the problems with horizontal sliders not working in Live 9.

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”