Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

nooobie questions: Live9 and Octaves

coro

nooobie questions: Live9 and Octaves

Postby coro » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:49 pm

hello!

just got a QNeo and I'm "trying" to set it up in live9 with no luck so far

- first doubt is that, while the tutorial says to select QUNEO from the remote controllers list in Live8, in Live9 doesn't show up. Live9 receives MIDI from the QNeo but it works a "normal" unknown midi controller where everything needs to be mapped...
also, as seen on the tutorial video, I select the Ableton preset on pad 9 but it doesn't work.. transport doesn't etc...
my guess is that these two might be related

- my other quick question is about drumpad octaves: how do I change them?
say I'm using Absynth (either VST or stand alone) : is there a quick way to move up or down the octaves?

been googling for these questions for the last 2 hours with no luck again

thanks for the enlightmentss! :mrgreen:
emmett@KMI

Re: nooobie questions: Live9 and Octaves

Postby emmett@KMI » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:09 pm

1. You need to install the control script into Live 9. The fastest way to do this is: on a Mac, right click on your Live 8 app and select "show package contents" and navigate to "Contents->App-Resources->MIDI Remote Scripts" then copy the QuNeo folder into the Live 9 app MIDI Remote Scripts folder. Windows users can skip the show package contents step.

2. Banks on the drum pads are navigated with the up and down arrows on the bottom of the QuNeo. There are two sets of up and down arrows and in order to decide which set will navigate banking, you can set that up in the editor. To do it go into the editor and select the preset you want to edit, then select an up/down arrow set - you can now enable or disable banking on the current preset.
coro

Postby coro » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:16 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Em ;)
emmett@KMI wrote:1. You need to install the control script into Live 9. The fastest way to do this is: on a Mac, right click on your Live 8 app and select "show package contents" and navigate to "Contents->App-Resources->MIDI Remote Scripts" then copy the QuNeo folder into the Live 9 app MIDI Remote Scripts folder. Windows users can skip the show package contents step.
didn't get which folder you exactly meant but
SOLVED:
for whoever might need that it's the

Quneo - Ableton live - Installation files - Live9 - QuNeo
Last edited by coro on Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
coro

Postby coro » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:34 am

emmett@KMI wrote:2. Banks on the drum pads are navigated with the up and down arrows on the bottom of the QuNeo. There are two sets of up and down arrows and in order to decide which set will navigate banking, you can set that up in the editor. To do it go into the editor and select the preset you want to edit, then select an up/down arrow set - you can now enable or disable banking on the current preset.
Hey Emmett

I tried what you said but it behaves wrong

by default the pads start from C1 (for example)
it switched the octave up but now

Pad 1 plays E2
Pad 2 plays F2
and from Pad 3 onwards it plays F#2 anywhere else on the remaining pads up til the 16th

you mentioned "banks" here .. are you referring to the octave switch?
cos what I need is to switch the octave range of the pads
common case: picture a sampled Celesta that has a narrow octave range and the QNeo pads by default are set to lower octave and I need to shift one up to reach the sounds..

any clue?

EDIT:

found out about the F#2 playing on all pads.
I needed to manually assign the correct note to each pad
but still the question remains:

is there a quick way to shift the entire octave range on all pad with one stroke?

SOLVED:

re-did it today and it works nicely..
must have missed something the other day

thanks Em!!
hahaha

Postby hahaha » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:57 pm

The fastest way to do this is: on a Mac, right click on your Live 8 app and select "show package contents" and navigate to "Contents->App-Resources->MIDI Remote Scripts" then copy the QuNeo folder into the Live 9 app MIDI Remote Scripts folder. Windows users can skip the show package contents step.???
We offer guaranteed success for Pass4sure a+ exam with help of latest network+ certification and practice questions and the exams of colostate.edu ccie security
turntables

Postby turntables » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:56 am

hahaha wrote:The fastest way to do this is: on a Mac, right click on your Live 8 app and select "show package contents" and navigate to "Contents->App-Resources->MIDI Remote Scripts" then copy the QuNeo folder into the Live 9 app MIDI Remote Scripts folder. Windows users can skip the show package contents step.???
thanks for sharing.

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”