What's happening with the Quneo then?

musikmachine

What's happening with the Quneo then?

Postby musikmachine » Fri May 22, 2015 9:53 am

When i bought it i read there was a higher resolution update being worked on but it's been about a year, has development stopped or is an update on the horizon? :)
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: What's happening with the Quneo then?

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Fri May 22, 2015 10:34 am

Where did you read that a higher resolution update was in the works? We haven't officially announced anything regarding a new QuNeo or a QuNeo update, but we are always open to feature requests/suggestions.
jscott

Postby jscott » Sat May 23, 2015 3:00 pm

I'm sure what musikmachine means is the discussion about a firmware update with higher resolution MIDI CC values.

I've been able to get higher resolution out of the sliders using tethered mode, and so I don't need anything more on the sliders.

However, what I really need is better resolution in tethered mode for the aftertouch on the pads. The microcontroller has a 10 bit ADC and those values are used internally when extrapolating position, but the current pressure implementation is fairly broken/unplayable when used in conjunction with note on and off. In tethered mode it would be very helpful to have the full resolution passed through since this would enable doing off device processing to have aftertouch work better without losing most of the aftertouch resolution.
musikmachine

Postby musikmachine » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:25 am

Yeas that was it, was a while ago so a bit vague lol.

What do you mean tethered mode? My issue with the controls has been the smoothness and precision when using the sliders, like using it to control a tracks volume; always find it difficult to hit 0db and of course it jumps when each time i touch the control so i've never really used it for that type of control. Mainly use it with the Live template but atm i'm deciding whether to keep or not or using Touchable3 for Live..

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”