Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Do I have a defective quneo?

blueleaf

Do I have a defective quneo?

Postby blueleaf » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:37 am

Hi guys,

I've only had my quneo a short time (about a week) but I think it may be defective and I'm wondering if I should send it back?

The Right-hand rotary LED lights up constantly all the way round and flickers no matter what preset I'm on or what I do in the editor. It also flickers on and off i I touch any of the strips or pads near it. I've tried resetting all the presets and updating firmware a few times to no avail. It doesn't seem like normal behaviour to me.

Also, whenever I try to assign anything (strip or rotary in CoMA mode) to logic it makes the logo parameter jump around like mad. This is as true for the logic template with preset 11 as it is for my own assignments. Is my quneo broken or am I doing something wrong? Or is it simply not going to work well with logic?

I'm baffled, If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Do I have a defective quneo?

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:13 am

AS for the 'jumping around' that might be that you are mapping pressure rather than location. IS the 'jumping around' random? Does it return to zero when you release your finger?

The rotary thing can be fixed by adjusting the on/off thresholds in the Editor. Sometimes the rotaries get some false positives with default values, a small adjustment usually fixes this.
blueleaf

Postby blueleaf » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:57 am

Thanks for the response. After reinstalling the firmware and reverting factory presets a few times it seems to be working as I would expect with a smooth response. Logic is not the best at controller assignment either! To answer your question though, no the parameters were not going back to zero on finger release.

The right-hand rotary is still lit up all the way around, I tried adjusting the thresholds but with no success. The odd thing about it is that it says lit up on any preset and with any setting in the editor but sometimes after I've been working for a while I notice it has gone off. When I go to use the quneo and press any of the pads or sliders adjacent to the right hand rotary the LED comes on all the way around and won't go off again... Any ideas what could be causing it?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:14 am

Yes I do have an idea as stated in my previous message. You are getting a false positive from that sensor, that can be solved by raising the On/off Threshold to the appropriate level. I know that you said you tried it, but that's the fix. Experiment with the values, and don't be afraid to really push the values until you get the LED to turn off.

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”