Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Pitch Bend not going up all the way.

Tausendberg

Pitch Bend not going up all the way.

Postby Tausendberg » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:49 am

I just tested pitch bend both on X and Y and I notice that regardless of whether or not I assign it to X or Y, I'm not able to get the quneo to send a pitch bend message all the way up.

I'm able to get it to send a pitch bend message all the way down quite easily both on X and Y but not all the way up. It seems to top out at around 98 percent. To be more exact, the highest pitch bend message the quneo is able to send according to me DAW's midi monitor is 7F. What can I do to fix this?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Pitch Bend not going up all the way.

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:13 am

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do. All the sensors on the QuNeo put out 7 bit data, and pitch bend is usually 14 bit data (a resolution of 128, compared to a resolution of 16384). We are simply scaling 0-127 to fit a bigger range by multiplying each value by 127, and that ends up dropping a value either at the lowest or highest end of that data. We might be able to stretch the scaling, but I am sure that the engineers had a reason for doing it this way.
I'm going to ask around and see what I can dig up.
Tausendberg

Re: Pitch Bend not going up all the way.

Postby Tausendberg » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:30 pm

Alright, thank you in advance for looking into it.

It's just important to me that things not be out of tune, even slightly.

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”