Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

QuNeo and Ableton Drum Racks...

chrisg

QuNeo and Ableton Drum Racks...

Postby chrisg » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:55 pm

Ok, this is kinda strange. Using Preset 10 never quite worked (most likely a user error) except all twelve pads worked perfectly with dynamics/velocity with the Drum Rack. I could map other buttons if I wanted to, but I really just liked that the 16 pads always lined up with the drum rack. I recently did the firmware update and now from reading the pdfs, preset 10 splits the the pads in half, 8 for (D1) drum rack and 8 (D2) for impulse. Was it always like this, and I'm missing something stupid to change it to all D1? The funny thing is, now all the global buttons work correctly- which is great, but how do I get all the pads to coincide with the Drum Rack like it was. Do I have to remap all the pads for preset 10? I have tried other presets and have gotten all the pads to match up with all 16 drum samples, but the velocity is gone. Have to have dynamics when playing, especially when playing out and setting up a beat. Don't have time to mess around with the velocity controls... Help! Thanks in advance! :) What am I missing. I have read all the manuals, looked around the forum, Googled, Youtubed...can't seem to find an answer.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: QuNeo and Ableton Drum Racks...

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:06 pm

It's been like that since I got to the company 2 years ago. You can simply edit the preset to have 16 notes starting at note number 36. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes. Not sure what the 'D1' and 'D2' stuff means. If you're referring to MIDI notes, that's confusing. The preset (and most MIDI things) are based on the MIDI note C.
chrisg

Re: QuNeo and Ableton Drum Racks...

Postby chrisg » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:06 pm

OK, thanks! I can see how using D1 and D2 would be confusing, sorry 'bout that. Nothing to do with midi assignments, but if you look at the manual page 22 (preset 10), it has the pads Split up in two sections, D1 and D2. I can see that that could be useful when when using Impulse too. I'll have to make a few presets!! Thanks for the quick response guys!

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”