Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Firmware upgrade with Linux?

jrussell

Re: Firmware upgrade with Linux?

Postby jrussell » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:58 pm

jkroll wrote: I would choose option 2, shared access for setting parameters. If reconnecting in shared mode is a problem (like you said, device ID might change etc.) then maybe you can have the user reconnect the device manually after flashing.
The upcoming build does everything in shared mode - it has to transfer sysex to the device rather slowly, but it now works with no mode switching.
jkroll wrote: The word "Sensitivity" below the "Global Sensitivity" knob is partially clipped. Other than that the UI looks fine. As I don't have the hardware yet, I couldn't test any more than that. I think I will wait until at least an officially supported version of the editor, including source, is available.
I am aware of the minor gui glitch with "sensitivity" - I am trying to not touch anything other than the linux midi code at the moment, as I currently cannot build the linux or mac versions to make sure I dont break them. My laptop has a windows install on it and I will eventually get it able to build the editor so I can do some of that work as well. I added an open issue for this so we can keep track of fixing it.

As for waiting for an officially supported version - I don't know if there ever will be such a beast - AFAIK currently the only Linux developer on the project is a volunteer. That said my intent is to have the Linux version of the editor on par with the others, and the KMI team has stated they will open the source completely once things look good for Linux support.
jrussell

Postby jrussell » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:02 pm

bruno wrote:Hi all,
Just signed up for this forum. We at SCLOrk (Santa Clara Laptop Orchestra) will start using 16 QuNeos as part of our performance gear. We run Ubuntu Linux so I'm just posting here to say that any kind of Linux tool to edit QuNeo presets would be fantastic. In an ideal world I'd love to see the a Linux version of the QuNeo editor (or at least a Windows version that worked with Wine). Otherwise, command line tools would be great too!!
Thanks,
Bruno
bruno wrote: @jrussell, I saw your 9/18 message saying you are about to post binaries of the latest version. I am very much looking forward to try it! I'm not a programmer, but I'll be happy to help with testing as needed. I'll keep an eye on this thread.
Sorry for the delay - I have been busy this week, haven't had the chance to build the binaries.. I will get them out this week. If you really want to see it early, you can grab the alpha :)

For your use case in particular, the new version has a special surprise - it can edit all of your quneos without having to swap them around - the windows and mac versions only currently allow one quneo connected at a time. Hard part is knowing which quneo is which! I eventually want to add a "identify" command to light up the selected quneo.
jrussell

Postby jrussell » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:08 pm

64 bit beta!

What works:
Everything that works in Windows version.
+ Multiple QuNeos (select one)

Note: Preset update is a little slower in this version - some QuNeo's would not accept the updates at full speed so I had to slow down the transfer a little bit.

I will try to get a 32 bit beta up tomorrow.
Attachments
QuNeo-Editor-1.2.3-Linux-x86_64-BETA-1.zip
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 1318 times
jrussell

Full Function Linux Beta

Postby jrussell » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:29 am

32 bit attached.

@demcanulty @ TheSupport@KMI Can an updated announcement be made?
Attachments
QuNeo-Editor-1.2.3-Linux-x86_32-BETA-1.zip
(1.59 MiB) Downloaded 1218 times
TheSupport@KMI

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:37 pm

Done. Updated the announcement posts with the new info.
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
bruno

Postby bruno » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:55 am

@jrussell, THANK YOU SO MUCH! This is awesome! Looking forward to trying it with a bunch of QuNeos at the same time.
jrussell

Postby jrussell » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:01 pm

@bruno - does that mean you have tried it? does it seem to be working for you?

@everyone - turns out the one feature that I said was not working.. well the issue was my testing, not the function. All functions that work in windows and mac work on linux now!

@TheSupport@KMI - could we update the announcement to reflect the newly discovered LACK of broken features? :D
demcanulty

Postby demcanulty » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:50 pm

It's cool to see so much response after a bit of quiet! jkroll - the Quneo uses a Silabs C8051F380 and the firmware is written and compiled with Keil C51.
TheSupport@KMI

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:54 am

Announcements updated!
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
jrussell

12,000 views!

Postby jrussell » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:02 pm

I am almost wondering if there is a bug in the forum software, but this thread now registers over 12,000 views! Exceeding all other threads by MAGNITUDES!

And still at more than triple the next thread in actual posts.

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”