Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Disable red box

boulderburns

Disable red box

Postby boulderburns » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:49 am

Hi all, does anyone know a way to disable the Quneo's red box function? I want a different controller to handle the red box while I do something useful with the Q.
Cheerythank :)
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Disable red box

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:30 am

Not sure exactly what you're after here - if you don't want to use the script, simply disable it, and MIDI map manually.
If you want to use the script, just without the session component, comment out the session component in the python files.
boulderburns

Postby boulderburns » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:41 am

Derrrp! :oops: I don't get out much.....and I haven't been well....
Thanks for your patience and prompt reply. Thats two beers I owe you
boulderburns

Postby boulderburns » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:18 am

TheOtherSupport@KMI wrote:
If you want to use the script, just without the session component, comment out the session component in the python files.

Having played around a bit without the script I'm finding remapping the Q on every new project a ball ache. The issue I want to get around is the clash invoked when I want to use an APC mini for clip launching and mixer control and the Q for other functions. The two bits of kit both want to control the red box and it seems they both want to do this slightly differently and as a result they don't play nicely together. Now I don't yet know my Python (working on it) so I have a couple of questions....

1) When you say to comment out the session component, do you refer to the whole of the session component, line by line, or specific lines thereof?

2) Is the session component referenced elsewhere in other files that also need to be commented out?

3) Am I correct in thinking that after the edit above, I should delete the previously compiled file to force re-compilation?

Many thanks in anticipation,

BB
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:14 am

boulderburns wrote:
Having played around a bit without the script I'm finding remapping the Q on every new project a ball ache. The issue I want to get around is the clash invoked when I want to use an APC mini for clip launching and mixer control and the Q for other functions. The two bits of kit both want to control the red box and it seems they both want to do this slightly differently and as a result they don't play nicely together. Now I don't yet know my Python (working on it) so I have a couple of questions....
If you're looking to get into scripting for Live, I should clear a few things up about how things are working. Both scripts aren't acting on the same 'red box', each has their own session component that they control. Depending on the slot the control surface is in, the box will be drawn a different color. Red in the first, yellow in the second, etc.

If the two scripts are interfering with each other somehow, there might be a channel overlap or something, but generally, scripts don't interfere with other ones.
boulderburns wrote: 1) When you say to comment out the session component, do you refer to the whole of the session component, line by line, or specific lines thereof?
If you just want to comment out the session highlighting component in the QuNeo .py file:

Code: Select all

self.set_highlighting_session_component(self._selector._session)
boulderburns wrote: 2) Is the session component referenced elsewhere in other files that also need to be commented out?
Yes it is, and it depends on what you want to get rid of, and how that will affect other aspects of the script. The mixer is bound to the session component for instance, if you totally comment the component out, you'll likely get an error and the script won't compile.
boulderburns wrote: 3) Am I correct in thinking that after the edit above, I should delete the previously compiled file to force re-compilation?
Nope, Live will recompile, and replace the .pyc files according to the edits you make in the .py files.

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”