Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Not working on ableton live!

Cazkit

Not working on ableton live!

Postby Cazkit » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:25 pm

Hello guys,
just got my quneo today, this thing is a pain in the ass to start working properly (or you to get used to it), but still seems a great controller.

So here's my issues:
-I installed the editor and defined on ableton the quneo as the surface and set on the track and remote. Can't get it to work on ableton, even though I press every buttons, doesn't do nothing on ableton (the midi light is on when I press any button).
-Don't have the redbox.
-Lack of Traktor shift template.

If someone could help me with any of this issues, I'd be really appreciated.
TheSupport@KMI

Re: Not working on ableton live!

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:58 pm

Important things that should always be included when asking a tech question about any sort of tech in any tech forum:

Operating System
What you've tried so far
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
Cazkit

Postby Cazkit » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:17 pm

TheSupport@KMI wrote:Important things that should always be included when asking a tech question about any sort of tech in any tech forum:

Operating System
What you've tried so far
I'm using the Mac OSX 10.7.5.
I've tried to run the quneo on Traktor and everything seems to be running as expected.
I've tried to run the quneo demo project on ableton, but still, no response or redbox.
TheSupport@KMI

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:25 pm

Ok,

First I would open up Live's MIDI Sync preferences and check to make sure you've properly enabled the control script. The "Control Surface", "Input, and "Output" should be set to QuNeo. You also need to turn ON the "Track" and "Remote" options for "Input: QuNeo" and "Output: QuNeo".

If QuNeo is not an option under "Control Surface", then the script was not properly installed. This can happen if you've moved your installation of Live outside of the Applications folder, or if you have multiple versions of Live installed.

I would check your QuNeo folder, in the Software Templates, and see if you've got a "Warning Installation Error" folder for Ableton. If there is one, look inside it and there should be some Installation Files, with a folder named "QuNeo" in it (and with a bunch of .pyc files in it) — this is the folder you want. Now find your Live application in Finder, right-click it, and select "Show Package Contents". In the Finder window that pops up, go to "/Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/" folder and drop that QuNeo folder with the .pyc files right in there (the whole folder, not the .pyc files). Now you should get QuNeo appearing under the Control Surface menu once you restart Live.

If you don't have this "Warning Installation Error" folder with the installation files, you can always go to our website and download the manual installer (for installing things manually, not just an installer for the manual). It will have everything you need in the Software Templates folder, plus a helpful "README-ManualInstall_AbletonLive.pdf" that tells you exactly what to do (which is basically what I just described in the previous paragraph).
Cazkit

Postby Cazkit » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:44 pm

I've done all those steps, without success.
First time I installed the automatic version, but then I saw this "warning" folder and I downloaded the manual version and did everything as you described.

Don't know if the problem is the mappings or any software error, but I don't have the redbox, neither the play/stop/rec buttons work.

Should I erase everything I've downloaded/installed and try to do since step 1?
TheSupport@KMI

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:51 pm

Well the only way the manual install can get messed up is from user error, so yeah, you should probably start from the beginning.
Cazkit

Postby Cazkit » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:30 pm

Just did, still the same...
Is there any chance the hardware can be damaged or any ableton previous configuration doesn't let quneo to work properly?

Thanks for all the help!
TheSupport@KMI

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:26 pm

Ok, let's go through the list of things where you can go wrong:

If "QuNeo" is not showing up in Live's MIDI Sync preferences under the "Control Surface" section, that has nothing to do with hardware — it means the control script is not installed properly. Is it actually there or not?

Do "Input: QuNeo Input (QUNEO)" and "Output: QuNeo Output (QUNEO)" show up in Live's MIDI Sync preferences? If so, have you turned ON the Track and Remote options for both of them? When you press things on the QuNeo does the MIDI Input light in Ableton light up (top-right corner of the Live window)?

Are you absolutely sure you're on preset 9? Some people can get confused about the numbering of the pads. We start from the bottom-left pad as opposed to the top-left. Though if you got Traktor to work fine, I imagine you've gotten the hang of preset numbering.

You might also want to try turning off velocity on preset 9. It seems to make triggering things with the Live script rather problematic. Just open up the QuNeo Editor, go to preset 9, and uncheck the Velocity checkbox for each corner on all of the pads. Save the preset, Update the preset.

You also might want to make sure you even have presets on your board at all. Just hit the "Update All" button in the QuNeo Editor. Though, again, if you got the Traktor preset working fine, the Live preset is probably fine.

These are pretty much the only things that can go wrong: script not installed or properly selected, MIDI Sync preferences not correct, no presets, or velocity turned on for preset 9.
Cazkit

Postby Cazkit » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:52 pm

Finally I got it to work. What solved my problem was erasing Ableton Live and reinstall it, so it must be some previous configuration on it.

Thanks again for all the support!

PS: Where can I find a traktor shift template?

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”