Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Flip/Invert Rotary location

Share your wishes for the future of QuNeo
savvyjake

Flip/Invert Rotary location

Postby savvyjake » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:53 pm

I've seen this topic here before, but no movement on it yet. Still an awesome idea!

The rotary location defaults to having 0/127 at the top of the dial, like a clock. Most rotaries, like knobs on most keyboard controllers, have 0 at the bottom left and 127 at the bottom right. It would be so, so nice to be able to select or program this as an option on the QuNeo.

For example - if I'm using the rotary to control the feedback on a delay, the corresponding "knob" in the delay module in my DAW goes from zero (at bottom left) to 127 (at bottom right.) Right now, the QuNeo rotary and the module "knob" I'm turning are moving in opposite directions from one another, and I can't edit the Quneo to make the look or act the same way. So if my finger is at the top of the rotary, the knob in my DAW is at the bottom, and vice versa. Confusing, and leads to performance errors.

Seems like a "flip" or "invert" button in the editor would be a quick fix. The ability to set any rotary locations as 0 and 127 would be nice, but the flip or invert option would be a bare minimum needed to make rotary mapping for DAW knobs really functional.

An added bonus would be programming in a "null" zone between 0 and 127 to avoid accidentally jumping between them. Most infinite rotary encoders, like the knobs on my Axiom 49, offer this - I can crank my know clockwise and it will max out at 127 rather than skip back to zero and start over again. For example, I would love to set my rotary to send position zero at 7:00, and 127 at 5:00, with no data sending at all from 5:00-7:00. The sudden snap between 0 and 127 does not work for live performance at all.

Thanks for your consideration!
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Flip/Invert Rotary location

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:21 pm

We'll add it to the feature request list.

Return to “QuNeo Feature Wishlist”