Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Aftertouch?

Share your wishes for the future of QuNeo
Kabletx

Re: Aftertouch?

Postby Kabletx » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:12 am

Should we assume there won't be channel aftertouch at this point? I'm not genuinely complaining, I'd just like a final-ish word on the matter. It's honestly the one issue that keeps me from fully integrating my QuNeo into my studio setup, but if I know it's not coming I'll reconsider how I plan to use the device.

I do have a Qunexus handling some of these details, but it'd be great to be able to have channel aftertouch on the QuNeo for use with my Octatrack.
jscott

Postby jscott » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:32 pm

The firmware of the device is limited. At this price point one could not have as many features as one might like. As it was, the features included were sharply pushing the state of the art for a device in the cost range.

What I have been doing to compensate is to simply remap the CC values to polyphonic AT messages in software, and this works a treat.

I also remap the messages to have better responsiveness characteristics, though this does lose some of the value resolution. I agree it would be nice to have this built in, or greater than 7 bit z-axis resolution, but my workaround is not too bad.

I found that monophonic aftertouch was not very useful, so I don't recommend you continue to pursue that direction, though of course it is up to you.
Kabletx

Postby Kabletx » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:58 pm

Oh, I fully understand. If I intended to use the device primarily with software I'd simply remap away, but it's more of an issue when I've hooked the QN directly up to hardware. In the absence of proper AT I'd be more than happy with a system that at least allowed an "on/off" threshold limit with the pressure, but I can make it work regardless. Appreciate your reply!

Return to “QuNeo Feature Wishlist”